[SOLVED] Getting DW1550 / DW1560 / DW1830 to work on Sierra

bigahega

Hello,

finally I got my DW1560. Replaced the Intel 7265. I got the Bluetooth working but Wifi is just not working. Here is what I have done so far:

version (1.3.3 or greater)

* Installed latest version of FakePCIID.kext from Rehabman

* Installed latest version of FacePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from Rehabman

* Installed latest version of BrcmPatchRam2.kext from Rehabman

* Installed latest version of BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from Rehabman

Now they are all installed and the Bluetooth is working fine I can search for devices etc. However, the Wifi part is not working no AirPort device or whatsoever. What am I missing? BTW all of the kexts are located in SLE.

Thank you

• Moderators

If you're on Sierra, make sure to add this additional hot patch to KextToPatch

<dict><key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Open your Config.plist with a Plist editor (Xcode or plistedit pro). Add the patch in post #2 to KextToPatch section.

Add the 4 kexts posted in post #1 to /Library/Extensions and run the permission fix and rebuild cache 

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Note: if you don't know how to edit Config with with plist editor, you could use Clover Configuration (latest version 4.43)
Add the highlighted patch as the diagram.

DW1550.png

I just got a DW1560 card and I have the opposite problem: My wifi works fine, but I have no Bluetooth. No icon in System Preferences, and "No Information Found" in System Information.

I have BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPathRAM2.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in /S/L/E, and I ran the commands here. Does it matter they are in /S/L/E and not /L/E?

Along with saying DW1560 on the card itself, it also says 2202024552-07 and CN06XRYC-773614-6CL-011Q-A02.

• Moderators

Try adding FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext if you have USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. If this doesn't work, then add USBInjectAll + port limit patch as well.

If only USB 3.0, then add just  USBInjectAll + port limit patch.

so i have to install latest version of FakePCIID.kext from Rehabman

latest version of FacePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from Rehabman

latest version of BrcmPatchRam2.kext from Rehabman latest version of BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from Rehabman . using kext utility to S/L/E

then using plist pro editor to add kext to patch then run the terminal with sudo chmod  etc for clearing kext cache then reboot?

do i have to put the 4 kext file inside  efi/clover/kexts/other folder ? please help