El Capitan Installation on HP ProBook 6460b

Zia UlHassan

hi i am new here.

i want to install El Capitan on my HP ProBook 6460b

My Laptop Specifications are listed below.

• System Model: HP ProBook 6460b
  • Ram : 4GB
  • Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 3000
  • Resolution : 1366 x 768
  • Audio : (VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C1620&REV_1001)
  • WIFI : Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205

• Administrators

Lookup existing guides for SandyBridge/HD3000 laptops in our EDP->Guides section. Obviously the DSDT/SSDT specific parts won't be applicable to you at this stage. You'll have to extract and patch or get your tables patched in due course.

You will need to mess with your laptop (it's the only way to learn and you will fail several times before you succeed) but you can't break or damage anything. I suggest you experiment using a dedicated hard drive.

• Administrators

The overall process used for those laptops is fully applicable to your HP laptop, not the bootpacks. Those bootpacks contains BIOS tables specific to the models + drivers (kexts) specific to the hardware components fitted to them, so you cannot reuse them. Only some drivers may be re-used if you have the same hardware.

Other than your IDT 92HD81 (codec 7605) HDA audio (different from what is fitted to the E6x20 or E5x20) and your unsupported Intel wireless card, you've not listed the rest of your hardware specs; maybe you can start with that: LAN, bluetooth, USB, card reader, video outputs, trackpad, etc. List the exact model specs, ideally the vendor + device PCI ids.

Example: Intel 82579LM GigEthernet, O2 Micro 0Z600GJ0 SD card reader, ALPS V3 Rushmore TrackPad.

Please note that your HP laptop will probably require the lapic patch to avoid a lapic KP. Can be applied on the fly through Enoch or Clover or by limiting CPU to 1 single core (not the desired long term/permanent option).

• Administrators

Well go through the file and list your various hardware components in a similar fashion to those posted here for Dell E6220 or here for HP 8560W for instance. There are sites on the Web that'll help you identify hardware by PCI ids and vice-versa.