[SOLVED] D820 Install Hangs at Spinning Wheel

WindowsUser546

So I'm installing Lion on my Dell D820, BIOs AO6, 4GB Ram, Core 2 Duo. I had to use a different Extras pack from this thread as the one I had before kept giving me Kernel Panics.

Anyhow, I'm booting into the USB, and all is good except it gets stuck on a black screen with the Loading Spinning Wheel. Probably trying to initialize the installer. Any tips?

• Administrators

Restart and when Chameleon kicks in, press any key to interrupt the bootloader and manually add -f -v flags; this should then show you where it hangs.

You did not say so I'll ask: do you have the GM950 model or the nVidia?

• Administrators

So you used the pack I had posted in post #11 of that thread you linked? How did you install it on your USB installer?

You could probably upgrade your BIOS to the latest version A10. Make sure it's configured as per the D620 recommended settings provided here.

• Administrators

That's not the correct way to install it and that's not going to work. I assume you use a myHack USB installer and you need to run myHack to install the Extra folder on the key. It's the only way kexts will be taken into account and the old ones removed.

NB: there's no need to quote every single message you directly reply to.