Realtek RTS525A SD card reader (10ec:525a)

giang_asl_8

• Administrators

Quite the contrary actually, the patch only works on PCIe devices but it's for O2 Micro readers. There are no DSDT devices for USB components and USB card readers usually work OOB or not at all.

@giang_asl_8, I'm afraid the O2 Micro patch is not suitable for the Realtek RTS525A card reader which remains incompatible with OS X/macOS. VoodooSDHC does not bring it to life either.

Quite the contrary actually, the patch only works on PCIe devices but it's for O2 Micro readers. There are no DSDT devices for USB components and USB card readers usually work OOB or not at all.

@giang_asl_8, I'm afraid the O2 Micro patch is not suitable for the Realtek RTS525A card reader which remains incompatible with OS X/macOS. VoodooSDHC does not bring it to life either.

That means no hope, at least at this moment?

As my understanding, these pcie readers (O2, realtek, and maybe others) share the same interface or standard stuff). Just need a correct method to fake MacOS to load the device, right? I hope so to be able to play around some more to get it work, for example using rehabman Fake_PCIID.

• Moderators

A lot of the new Dell system (E7x70, Precision 7510) from Skylake onward has Realtek RTS525A card reader. Sinetek's driver seems promising but so far does not support it. Sinetek has not updated the driver since August 2017, hopefully he has made some progress porting drivers from Linux and post a new kext soon.