[Successful] Sierra E6330 action reporting

donaldant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Lo,

I generated the new SSDT for this CPU and also created the new ssdt-usb.  This one has a different usb port number for eSata/usb combo port than my other E6330.  Everything seems to work now.  The touchpad is still a little unresponsive at times.  This touchpad works fine with Windows 10. On the other hand, the other E6330's touchpad works perfectly fine in Sierra but is unusable in Windows 10.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

I have installed Sierra 10.12.5 on my E6330 (Bios A11, I5-3340M, 4GB RAM, display 1366x768), wifi Dell DW1510, Bluetooth BCM92070MD) by following the installation guide of this site.

Working: Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, audio, USB 3.0. Not Working: VGA (external monitor),, TouchPad erratic. 

Should I keep Kexts in EFI Clover folder or move them to SLE folder?

Could you patch original DSDT created from F4 Clover?and anything to add to my config? Thank a lot.

Attached ACPI,config.plist and Kexts

ACPI&config.zip

Hi Jake,

I load Sierra 10.12.5 on my E6330 (Bios A11, 8GB RAM, 1366x768, wifi Dell DW1520) by following the your guide.

Everything looks fine, except sound, under system information/audio show Intel High Definition Audio. But there is no device under system preference /sound. 

The clover is attached.

Thanks

CLOVER.zip

• Moderators

You seem to be mixing 2 different bootpacks in there. Why not just use the Sierra bootpack here, updated for 10.12.4 and up.

You have both AppleHDA_IDT.kext and AppleHDA_IDT92HD93.kext doing the same thing. 

Use either one but not both and make sure AppleHDA in /S/L/E is vanilla. Hervé's guide is Chameleon and also has a patched AppleHDA since it can't be patch on the fly with Clover Config. So if you had installed that, it'll still work. You just had to repair permission and rebuild cache.