[Successful] Sierra E6330 action reporting

donaldant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Friends,

I've achieved to install Sierra + update to 10.12.6 at the moment and I don't figure your issue regarding sleep or sound.

Laptop is E6330 i5 2.7 GHz ; method followed is Jake Lo's "Clover guide" (big thanks), UEFI mode.

I'd have same error message in Terminal about sound then I've downloaded  AppleHDA_IDT.kext.zip at #4 Clover's guide, deleted existing in /L*/E*, put it in and re-do permissions repair + rebuild cache (same error a new time), reboot and sound comes.

Close lid or press fn+F1 do the job.

@Jake Lo : please, could you add to Lo-Res read-me to rename ssdt file to ? Because I fotgot to do this and then I'd been stuck on a black screen after boot on my install key :-P

Also, at 3.5 Clover's guide, I didn't be able to mount EFI because of "error 1000 ..." ; just reboot and re-do => ok

Good luck ;-)

I have same issue, the usb install stick doesn't work because DSDT.aml is for higher resolution screen.

Hope Jake could put a note in the guide.

BTW, any idea why my camera doesn't work, I followed the guide exactly, sound, touch pad, screen brightness, sleep all work.

• Administrators

Dell had a tendency to fit different webcams to those laptops. What's the model? Its PCI ids?

The E6320 was a typical example with some laptops fitted with a Sunplus webcam and some with a Sonix. Only the former is supported under OS X, not the latter. Same thing with the E6230: some laptops are fitted with a Sonix webcam carrying device id 0x648b (supported) and some with a different Sonix model carrying device id 0x6449.