Haier Y11b: El Capitan installation

SheikhMudaser

Thank You for posting the bootpack. So as it didnt work out with sierra for me(before posting here). I installed Elcapitan instead which worked. The Only problem at the moment is Sound and The touch screen,

it has a INT3433 i2c Hid touchscreen FTSC1000 model that is supported by voodooi2c Patch.

Moreover it has a Broadwell-U audio controller that works with AppleHDAcontroller.kext and one more controller that is in the list of supported ones. (Do I have to put the kext in the bootloader or it should work natively? Should i install it using kext utility to work? )

Only one thing that does not work is the wifi, its an Realtek RTL 8723BU usb chip.

Also the power button and volume buttons dont work, i am unable to put the system to sleep.

Graphics are working properly and the system is smooth.

Btw the error i was getting was " waiting for root device" with a diagonaly crossed sign on the screen in Sierra.

• Moderators

Hmm, interesting you're able to install El Capitan and not Sierra, they both virtually the same as it pertains to installation. The error you get is due to USB issue.

The files I included is just for basic installation, it does not have all the kexts for audio, mouse, ethernet. etc..

To get the other devices working, we'll need start by patching the DSDT/SSDT.

Could you get me the following:

• Like 1

Since I saw that you had posted a bootpack for Sierra I tried to get to the installer using the flash drive with lots of hopes but sadly I was met with the same error again, I am attaching a screenshot of it below.

"And thank you for the great help, If i completely fail to boot Sierra I will get back to El Capitan and give you all the stuff you need for DSDT/SSDT Patching but first we should look into why is this error occuring

post-111101-0-84649700-1500095660_thumb.jpg

After this the screen blurs out and the prohibited sign appears. with waiting for root device error.

I think it has something to do with waitng uuid-media as u can see in the screenshot.

I have been able to install sierra on 2 systems, A laptop, Dell 8460p and a dell Optiplex 9010 Desktop Intel i7 using the same flash drive and I have installed OSX El Capitan on my Haier using the same USB.

"

Ok So I have got all the files you asked for to Patch DSDT/SSDT:

Screenshots of PCI LIST and Status in DPCI Manager:

post-111101-0-70998800-1500935144_thumb.png
post-111101-0-06925700-1500935104_thumb.png

IOreg and system report Save files also the ACPI Archive

What Currently is Working is = Touchpad,Keyboard,Graphics,USB Ports.

What Needs to Be Fixed = 

1. Backlight 

2. Battery Indicator(It always shows a cross over the battery saying "Low Battery")

3.Audio

4.Touchscreen(i2c HID Touchscreen Model: FTSC1000 Confirmed from Linux on i2c INT3433 Chip) Voodooi2c will work but needs DSDT Patch. https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/wiki/DSDT-Edits

• Moderators

Here's a second attempt for Sierra installation.

I see it has an ALC269 and there are so many different patches for them, so you'll have to test them all to see which one works. Hopefully there's one out there that already working for your system. The Config is set to layoutID = 2. 

If it doesn't work, then continue trying 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11. You can set it in Clover Options during boot. Can't remember the exact location, so you'll have to look around.

I also attempt to create a patch for the Battery since there isn't one for it out there, hopefully that works too.

Backlight patch is also added

Not sure about the touchscreen. According to your link, DSDT needs to be patched to the version of Windows it came with. You'll have to give me that information. Right now I had it patched to Windows 10 as a guess.

Attach a new IOReg after this update to see if I2C is supported.

Haier_Y112_v2.zip