D630 Intel X3100 1440x900 internal screen

Tony Air

Hello, there I had a problem with my new d630 I brought it with hight screen resolution and of course got a problem when the screen after installing EDP 2.2 was white.

I had found custom dsdt here for 1440 resolution and replaced original EDP dsdt, but the laptop was freezing unexpectable without any reason.

A thread about X3100 at projectosx shows nice patch for the DSDT. http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1294&st=0&p=8348entry8348

So I replaced:

"AAPL01,DualLink", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

with:

"AAPL01,DualLink", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

by DSDTSE and recompiled it. There're 2 places for the DualLink inside DSDT.

Now everything works great.

Hope it will help somebody cuz I wasted plenty of time.

P.S. I didn't try 64bit mode

Hi!

I've already installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 in my D630 perfectly, all works, but only I have 1024x768 resolution. Can you explain me step by step how I can set up 1440x900 hight resolution? I have intel GMA 960/X3100 video card

I'm searching information and I tried a lot of procedures but not working...

Thank you very much!!!!

Thanks Bronxteck but not works... :(

I tried with Chameleon Wizard and works all options except the display resolution. For example, If modify another option, after reboot, is modificated and working, but only the display option not working...

I tried with Champlist, but not working too....

Any idea?

I tried the file dsdt file but have PK... I'ved to reintall all again

I'm using iFail S3 v2 and works fine all device. Only need 1440x900 resolution. If I try to modify the org.chameleon.plist from /extra folder or put a DSDT file, replaced the kext in the extension folder, etc... I have KP....

This is the 6 time that its reinstalling all again.... this is imposible!

lion is a bit easier to install on d630 use simons high res dsdt it's in the forum somewhere

and the myhack method.

Ok, many thanks. My DVD retail version of Lion is 10.7.3. Is supported? or I should to use a specific version. I was reading many posts about Lion on D630 installations but I'm lost and not very clear...

Can you you post me the link of the D630 best guide installation or definitive?

Regards!