Chasing a Bootpack for a DELL e7440 - For OS X v10.8 ( Mountain Lion )

random01

I know - I know,

Yup, why am I chasing this?

Because I love Mountain Lion, that's why.

( I've said it before - and I'll say it again - If I wanted my HackBook to 'feel' like it was running some kind of a retarded cousin of iOS, I'd go out and buy an iPad… )

Mountain Lion -

The very lucky last 'of the Big-Cats', that can only just claim to resemble the last remnants Steve's influence and of OS X's TRUE origins -

( All before OS X 'went off the rails', with an unrelenting overbearing insistence of barging into your own personal existence - with its 'E.T. Phone-Home' iCloud domination - along with OS X's continuance of 'whittling down' all the really cool Open Source goodies that made it initially as grand as it once was… )

So that's why I wanna stay 'all Old Man grumpy'n'arrogant' - and whack this lil' DELL e7440 firmly on Mountain Lion.

OK - So here's the spec's ;

DELL Latitude e7440

- Intel i5 4310U Processor

- 8GB RAM

- 128GB SSD

- Intel HD4400 Graphics

- 1920x1080 Display

What do I need from somebody?

1x 'Custom Bootpack' for this specific system, so I can quick-create a myHack v3.3.1 OS X v10.8 USB-Installer

Any 'takers' - Milk Shakers?

( Is this even possible? )

Anxiously awaiting the necessary solution, from this awesome Community's already demonstrated brilliance -

Thanks in advance,

The Random01

(c;=

• Administrators

Haswell is only supported in ML 10.8.5. Should be able to install it using same method as for El Capitan. You can consult my E6440 guide for pointers, knowing that the E6440 and E7440 bear many similarities and share hardware components. The difference with my guide is that my E6440 as a CPU with HD4600 whereas you have a little brother with HD4400. You may have to use a different Azul framebuffer.

Hervé, ( you legend, you! ) - Good to see that you're still going 'strong-and-hard' in here - Well Done!

Yep, I had already read this somewhere else too, [ the whole requirement of OS X v10.8.5 being the minimum starting point - for any Haswell-based attempts. ]

Damn it! - ( As I've only got a 'Checksum Verified' version of the OS X v10.8 Golden Master to start with… )

Next obvious question - Can I install this on a Mountain Lion capable Mac to begin with, smash it with the OS X v10.8.5 Update Combo, and have the resulting Recovery Partition also then step up to v10.8.5 as well? - ( To thus in turn, 'legitimately procure' a valid and trustworthy OS X v10.8.5 InstallESD.dmg to begin with? )

I'm not too sure if this kind of questioning is considered AOK within the constraints of this Forum - But given the amount of money Apple have made from me across my entire 'love affair' with them - I know at least, I can still sleep each night without any guilt whatsoever…

( I've been a Wallet-evacuated, solid, unwavering and committed 'Mac-ficionado' since System 6! )

Nevertheless, I take zero offence if this Post is promptly deleted - and I also proffer-up my apologies in advance, if this Post is deemed an 'inappropriate question' within the constraints of this Forum.

Fingies-crossed though - somebody in here will let me know if this 'path-of-procurement' will indeed work...

As always - Many thanks in advance,

The Random01

(c;=

• Administrators

You'll need 10.8.5 installation app because its kernel has support for the Haswell platform. Previous kernels don't. If you've already purchased or downloaded ML from AppStore in the past through your account, it'll be there again to download and you'll obtain the last version 10.8.5. Failing that, you can still purchase it for about $/€20...

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion