dkudriavtsev

E6410 Sleep and BCM4311 Sierra?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had solutions to two problems I was having with my otherwise successful E6410 installation of El Capitan. The first problem is the lack of sleep support. When I put the laptop to sleep it turns off the screen, accesses the hard drive for a bit, and never turns off. I have already disabled hibernation and deleted the sleepImage file. Is there any way to fix sleep?

The second problem is the wireless adapter. I'm using a Broadcom BCM4311 chip (PCI ID 14e4:4311) from an old Latitude XT convertible. Is there any unofficial driver for this chip in Sierra? All my other wi-fi cards are Intel brand (unsupported) and I cannot buy a new one at this time. I would like to upgrade to Sierra, but if there is no support for my Wi-Fi card I will stay on El Cap.

Thanks.

Indeed, Apple dropped support for some old Broadcom cards in Sierra. There is no unofficial drivers and you may have noticed that the AppleAirPortBrcm43224 PlugIn of IO80211Family kext is no longer there. As such, I'm afraid that El Capitan was the end of the road for these BCM4311 cards (e.g.: DW1390/DW1490).

Anyway, compatible wireless mini-PCIe cards and USB dongles really are cheap these days, I mean we're talking less than 10$/€ here...

Regarding sleep (our lack of it), please post your DSDT and a zip of your EFI/Clover folder if you're using Clover or a zip of your Extra folder if you're using Enoch. 

Do all your USB ports actually work? I don't see any Clover patch for them and in the DSDT, they're still named EHCx, not EH0x. I guess you're not using any USB injector either...

I'll patch your DSDT by tomorrow to add various power adjustments to devices such as USB controllers, LAN, audio and so on; this should help for sleep.

What you can do meantime is remove the AsusAICPUPM from your Clover patch section as that only applies to Sandy/Ivy Bridge platforms. In the same respect, you can remove the dropping of OEM/SSDT tables. That's not applicable to your E6410 either. All you need on your Arrandale platform is the same as on C2D systems: P States + C States generation.

I'd also check that you've not activated Wake on network access in your Energy Saver PrefPane. I think it might be on by default, so uncheck that box if necessary.

Yeah I followed duducix's tutorial on InsanelyMac posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308765-guide-dell-latitude-e6410-nvidia-el-capitan-clover-eng/ which said to do all those things. The USB did not work with the installer ("still waiting for root device") so I patched the DSDT according to the guide and then installed. USB ports have worked perfectly since install.