DW1830 (BCM943602BAED)

seeker_pl

Hey,

I ordered a BCM943602BAED and I would like replace my BCM94352Z on Dell e7450.

I decided to replace it due to fact BCM94352Z was not properly working with Handoff (t was working from mac to iPhone, but not opposite way, also I had some problems with Universal Clipboard and auto unlocking function from Apple Watch).

My question is, if I remove all AirPortBrcm4360 entries from my config.plist would it be enough?

Kexts already installed and working with BCM94352Z 

FakePCIID.kext

FacePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

BrcmPatchRam2.kext

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

• Administrators

If it's an Apple model, expect it to work OOB without any patches or add-on kexts.

If it's not an Apple's model (eg: DW1830), then you may still require all of those kexts and patches. Just read-up what Rehabman's described on his repo/blog.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Ok, so it is a DW1830... It may not work 100% OOB on the basis that it's not an Apple device. You'll have to tell us... Can you confirm the PCI ids (wireless AND bluetooth)? According to wikidevi, you should have:

• wireless =  14e4:43ba
  • bluetooth = 0a5c:6410

Wireless device id 43ba is supported by AirPortBrcm4360 PlugIn of IO80211Family kext since Yosemite (it's present in the Info.plist file of the kext). As such, you can expect wifi to work OOB. If it did not, a simple DSDT patch to declare compatibility with Apple's own BCM94360 devices (id 43a0 for instance) should suffice. Faking Apple's BCM94360xx id through Clover may work too. For the Bluetooth, I expect you'll probably still require the Brcm firmware patches. Experiment by yourself, see how it goes and report back...

NB: changed thread title to reflect the related hardware here...

Ok, finally package from Hong Kong arrived!

DW1830@BCM943602BAED

IDs: 
wireless =  14e4:43ba

bluetooth = 0a5c:6410

WLAN mounted in my e7450 and it worked with my previous settings from dw1560, Only in Windows 10 I had to replace the driver.

In macOS Wifi and Bluetooth are working.

Airdrop - working both ways

Continuity - it's working, but slowly

Universal Clipboard - not working

Apple Watch auto-unlock not working

I do have installed:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

FakePCIID.kext

As far as I understand I should keep FakePCIID.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext,BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Can I remove the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext?

How about kext patches in my config.plist can I remove them?

Link to my config.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9v01hn7yt0j2k7/Marek_config.plist?dl=0

Hervé can you take a look? 

Update: In Bluetooth settings I notice strange device BCM20702A1 Generic.... what is this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rhgu2uoxsm6piz/Zrzut%20ekranu%202017-03-23%2019.57.36.png?dl=0

I removed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and update BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and FakePCIID.kext to latest version.

Wifi working, bluetooth also, but I noticed another issue with Find my iPhone. It can be enabled in iCloud settings and it's working until next restart. After restart it is set again to disabled.

Universal Clipboard - not working

• Administrators

In Bluetooth settings, you normally see what is being broadcasted/advertised by the BT devices near you. You screenshot seems to show a BT Speaker of some sort which is using that name to advertise itself. It's not a result of anything on your Hack with the DW1380 (assuming what you've posted is a screenshot from your Hack running the DW1380 of course!) and if this info can be changed, that'll be only on the speaker itself.

In OS X, this advertising info can be set in Sharing PrefPane->Bluetooth sharing section.

Hack running the DW1380 of course!

I removed all kext to patches from my config.plist. After reboot to macOS Sierra I still have working Wifi and Bluetooth.

Universal Clipboard - working from mac to iPhone, but not from iPhone to mac

Hotspot - working

Currently only those kext installed for DW1830

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

FakePCIID.kext

No kext to patches in Cover config

I rebuild the permissions, but I noticed that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is still on the list, even if I removed it from /System/Biblioteki/Extensions/

Is that correct? 

/ locked; waiting for lock.

Lock acquired; proceeding.

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC293.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext

KernelCache ID: 3204882AAE1AD543C8B7327453A01B7E

File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used

And I another problem with Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard I'm not able to connect it. With iPhone and Logitech MX master mouse there is no problem.