Kernel Panic 6430u (i7-3687u HD4000 1600x900) on Sierra

antrieb

I just copied the shared VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. My existing one was overwritten.

Restarted. No change.

Also, I did a test a few hours ago and deleted this .kext from the folder. After restart both the keyboard and trackpad were not working anymore, BUT the same KP popped up again. Looks like it is not this particular .kext causing the KP to me... :?

How to find out which other kext has voodoo code from "rehabman"? (it is all a voodoo... :))

post-64963-0-92981100-1504175728_thumb.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

There must be some rogue trace of an older VoodooPS2Controller v1.8.21 somewhere. Remove DrHurt's VoodooPS2controller v4.0.0 from Clover EFI folder and put it in /L/E. Then repair permissions and rebuild your cache.

I'm not aware of anything the sort but you wouldn't have anything linked to an older VoodooPS2Controller in your PrefPanes, would you?

If you can't get rid of the KP, all I can suggest is a fresh re-installation...

Permissions repaired, cache rebuilt after moving the file to /L*/E*. Restarted. Same behaviour.  :roll:

Linked to PrefPanes??? What does that mean  :?

Fresh install is what I did a few times. The only thing that is not quite fresh is the fact that I imported my users from a TimeMachine backup during last installation.

Is there a way to check/find where the system gets those rehabman voodoo kexts from?

• Moderators

As Hervé mentioned. Run this. Delete all that are found. Only have the version Hervé attached above in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Delete all other folders other than "Other".

sudo find / -name VoodooPS2*.kext -print 2>/dev/null

• Administrators

Seems issues are linked to:

1) EFI BIOS settings (point to USB key + internal SSD whilst OP boots off a USB HDD)

2) NVRAM plist files placed in EFI folder

The NVRAM file seems to be the main cause as it clearly overwrote SMC keys + SMBIOS parameters defined in the Clover config file.

Hey Guys,

today I re-created the Install USB Drive for Sierra from scratch again and made a clean install using the EFI files for my 6430u 1600x900 IntelHD that I found in this forum under Clover Guide.  The installation ran through smoothly, without any issues or messages.

After the very first login (after setting up a user) I checked the console and found the same KP under System Reports. :?

I mean I did not do any post-install actions yet, no other kexts were copied from anywhere, just the files and kexts that are provided along with the Clover Guide for my system. Any idea?

Anybody out there running Sierra on 6430u without any KernelPanic report in the System Reports?

Thanks for your help!

You would not believe me - at least I would not believe it...I reformatted my install USB trice. first as exFAT then FAT32 then GUID. Created the new install USB drive from scratch again. then reformatted the internal SSD, installed windows 10 on the SSD first, then reformatted, repartitioned the internal SSD and installed Sierra on it.

The same KP and system message came up at the very first start...and it comes up after every restart... :oops:

What am I doing wrong?