abs

No CPU model for Asus K53C in EDP

Hi,

I'm trying to install the EDP to an Asus K53SC running 10.11.6 but I'm stuck at select your CPU model, which does not have anything in the drop down list.

Can anyone provide a guidance as to how to get this model listed so that I can proceed with the installation?

A screenshot is attached. post-95137-0-62771600-1490981694_thumb.png

Thanks.

--

Hi Jake,

I can't even select any CPU at all for this model because there is none in the drop down list so I cannot get past the installation.

Do you mean select another laptop model that has a CPU similar to mine?

Thanks for your help.

It turns out that the sqlite database does not have the correct value for the CPU for this model. I updated the value and now the install proceeds.

It turns out that the sqlite database does not have the correct value for the CPU for this model. I updated the value and now the install proceeds.

Hi,

Can you share what you did to fix ? I'll take a look at this bug.

Thanks

Can anybody fix this bug. I am trying to install EDP on my Asus K53SC but any able to find any CPU model in the dropdown.

I don't have my environment so it's impossible for me to provide a fix but I can provide some guidance.

There is an sqlite db inside the EDP project. This needs to be opened with an sqlite client.

Find the table which has the cpu column for this model and report the value back.

• Like 1