[SOLVED] E6430, Sierra. Audio stops working after waking up

troorl

Hi.

To make audio work I used the kexts from this guide (although I use Clover, but the idea is the same). CodecCommander, patched AppleHDA and AppleHDA_IDT.

It works fine, but if at some point I plug in my headphones, the next time the laptop wakes up it doesn't forward audio to the speakers but rather uses Line-out. Headphones work, if I plug them in again, and when I plug them out the speakers start working.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? How do I diagnose (and possibly fix) it?

• Administrators

If you appear to lose audio on wake, whether speaker or headphones, put the laptop to sleep again and wake it. Audio should be fully functional again. From memory, VoodooHDA will work fine, just not support HDMI audio.

Yep, I can confirm it, the latest VoodooHDA doesn't seem to have any issues. Though I can't check if it forwards audio through HDMI.

I also noticed that it gives better sound than the patched AppleHDA. Perhaps it's subjective, but AppleHDA produced some minor distortions from time to me. I don't hear them anymore.

I wonder if some of you guys have managed to solve the issues with patched AppleHDA. I used VoodooHDA for months, but after updating to 10.12.4 and further it sometimes stops working permanently, requiring reboot and crashing some applications. So I switched back to AppleHDA, because I can restore its functionality by putting it to sleep one more time. Still, it's very annoying, and it's the only problem I have with my hackintosh.