Dell Inspiron 15 5558 - i3-4005U, HD4400

CainKilgore

Hi there,

I'm trying to install Sierra on my laptop however I keep getting the error listed below.

Waiting on <dict ID=0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
I followed this tutorial and now however I'm getting a new error message which I'm guessing is unique as I'm unable to find it anywhere.

ACPI Exception: SE_TIME, returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20140828/evregion-170)
ACPI_Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.LID0.LID] (Node ffffff80160447d0), AE_TIME (20140828/psparse-270)

Which is then followed by "Waiting for root device" every three/four attempts of the messages above.

Please help!

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

I went ahead and reset the BIOS to factory defaults and set it to UEFI and AHCI. Success, it actually installed and I was able to follow the rest of the tutorial.

Right now I have a few things currently not working which I would appreciate your help in:

• Sound is not working
  • Battery isn't showing
  • Wireless Card isn't working

Any ideas?

• Moderators

If you're following my guide and using the bootpack from post#2 of the guide, you need to copy the kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

The run permission fix and rebuild cache.

I see you have the Haswell version of 5558, so make sure to replace the DSDT with this one, also on the guide.

Not sure issue you have with Battery, please be more specific...

If you have Intel Wireless card, it's not supported and needs to be replace with a supported card. What card do you have?

Hi Jake,

Thanks for replying.

The Wireless Card is called "Intel 8260/7265/7260/3165/3160 WiFi Driver" on the Dell Support site related to my Support Tag.

I was semi-expecting to have to replace the wireless card as it looks like no Intel WiFi Cards are supported which I'm okay with, I tried plugging in a USB Wireless Adapter however that wasn't appearing on the OS and wouldn't let me connect to any networks.

And with regards to the battery, the battery is showing as Not Available and wasn't able to provide a "charging/not charging" symbol or a percentage.

• Moderators

You can't just use an USB wireless device, it must be one that supports OS X. See link I provided above.

As for battery status, makes sure ACPIBatteryManager.kext is loaded. Attach your Clover if necessary so we could verify all is there.