E5410 no QE/CI

rage75

Hello everyone on this amazing forum!I've successfully installed Yosemite 10.10 on this Notebook, full resolution 1440x900 but there's not Graphics acceleration. I've tried all the possible combinations in Ghost Rider Guide for frame buffer kext whit no results. Someone has any solution?

Dell e5410 i5 intel 560m 4gb ram

SMBIOS MackBookPro6,2

Clover 4035

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

If you run on 1st gen Intel HD (8086:0042 or 8086:0046), please refer to the Bible on the matter. Basically, if your computer has an eDP LCD connector, you won't get full graphics acceleration on your built-in screen; you'll only get it if your built-in LCD has an LVDS connector.

How can I know my connector? If I follow the "Bible"(as you can read in my post previous post) the terminal command : sudo intel_reg_dumper  don't give me back any answer... In live with Ubuntu and other live distribution the responce is no command found

There's another way for finding my connectors type? Thanks.

• Moderators

You need an older version of Ubuntu like 12.4.

But I could 99% be sure you have eDP and not LVDS as does my E6410.

Follow the section that pertains to eDP Users Only.

Looks like you need to enable Patch VBIOS if you're using Clover or download resolution for Chameleon and then use these file depending on the version of Yosemite you're installing. This will give you partial acceleration

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/208-1st-gen-intel-hd-graphics-kexts/

Thanks guys, now I see the type using Ubuntu 11.04! eDp.
What do you mean exactly for "partial acceleration"?
For example now when I use Mirrors the PC needs almost 1 second to open another Desktop windows.
And in the"bible" I read that partial acceleration is only for Mountain Lion or Mavericks.
I've already select Patch Bios in Clover.
Thanks

post-106893-0-65666800-1491246105_thumb.jpg

post-106893-0-16191300-1491247447_thumb.png

• Administrators

Yup. Nothing further for Yosemite and beyond. That's why I said it was a waste of time. Sorry rage75, but you'll have to accept your laptop just is not worthy for Hackintosh purposes. Not all platforms are...

Don't worry about me, I've got already an Hack as you can see in my signature and it works perfectly.

But I like to try new experience every day, and someone took me this Dell, so I though "why not?" and here we are!

Probably now I'll try to install Mavericks with Chameleon(never used) because with Clover and CI kext, I saw glitch and stripes yesterday after trying.

Install Windows or Linux on this notebook take me just a couple of hours... Probably this is the Happy ending!

Thanks for the answers guys and just one more things... again: What do you mean for partial acceleration?

Thanks in advice!

• Administrators

If you read "the Bible" on 1st gen Intel HD, it states that eDP displays can only get Core Image, not Quartz Extreme. Full graphics acceleration used to be referred to "full QE/CI" until a few years ago. You can turn to Google for detailed explanations on Quartz Extreme and Core Image.

What this means for your E5410 is that you will not get any support for basic animations like clicking in & out of LaunchPad for instance (it'll be slow and possibly glitchy) or that your Finder's bar will not be translucent. You will only get more basic graphics features such as full screen resolution and resolution change or fixed pictures effects (like visible icons on user accounts PrefPane/login screen or desktop background thumbnails in desktop & screen saver PrefPane). Generally speaking, with partial-only acceleration, your system performance will be quite poor and you'll experience graphics glitches or a regular basis with some graphics apps possibly unusable (DVDPlayer, videos in web browsers, possible unrecoverable borked screen on wake, etc.).

I suppose you won't really get the feel for it until you try... Use myHack to install Mavericks if you're up to it (I expect you'll have to delete all 1st gen Intel HD graphics kexts), then follow-up with what "the Bible" says.