E5410 no QE/CI

rage75

Installed successfully Mountain Lion with Clover and partial acceleration, there's no glitch and Mirror Windows and Launchpad both works enough fast. I tough very worst. Probably now if I find the right kext for everything I'll install some Linux distribution in dual boot and that's all! The notebook's owner wanted put it in a garbage basket....I think this Dell can relive still a pair of years!

Thanks for everything and see you soon for the next Hack!

post-106893-0-12561200-1491335041_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, now I've successfully installed Mavericks 10.9 with CI, I need Help with my post-installation if you're so glad to give me some support.

Wi-fi don't work but I know it(I've to change the card), Bluetooth ok,  pairing works
Monitor: resolution ok(1440x900) no setting in Preferences but brightness works with FNkey
Touchpad works(no gesture)
Keyboards ok
Ethernet don't works
Usb all 4 are ok
VGA no
Dvd works but I get error when I launch the Application (probably CI error)
Audio don't works
Battery,  I put ACPIBattery kext in 10.9, whit Yosemite was Ok, with Mavericks NO

I attach Dsdt, Config, kext in 10.9 and DpciManager Picture If you need it.

I'm grateful with everyone for any help and suggestion.

Using Carbo178 guide from Insanely to create the Usb and Clover latest version Bootloader

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

10.9.zip

post-106893-0-40445100-1492081517_thumb.jpg

post-106893-0-26935100-1492081529_thumb.jpg

post-106893-0-97993000-1492081537_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

You'll have to tell us what audio codec that E5410 has. There's a good chance it'll be listed in the BIOS settings. If not, look on Dell's web site. Failing that, try the usual alternative, i.e. VoodooHDA.

Re: battery management, I guess you can try and grab the battery kext I posted in my D630 Mavericks pack or E6220/E6440 Mavericks/Yosemite guides.

Perfect! Thank for suggestion Hervé. :-P

Now I see Battery Status and audio works with VoodooHDA in S/L/E.

What about ethernet (in Signature) and Monitor preferences?

And another strange thing.....if I boot in -v that's all right but if I leave verbose flag boot stay's on Apple logo forever :(

I suppose it's for Ethernet, thanks. I'll try it at work next days.

I put in 10.9 VoodooPS2Controller and non touchpad works better than first (still no gesture but more speed).

Edit: No more problem without -v flag. Boot is ok.

For Monitor preferences and Vga? Have any suggestions?