How to fix repeated screen glitch?

lonrot

I just replaced my dead E6430 with a generic screen, however after loading OS Sierra, the image is repeated in 4 tiny windows, completely operational.

Changing the screen size won't do anything. Only an external display will show the image correctly.

Note: The old screen did not have this issue.

Please see the screenshots.

uNZdTV0.jpg

fqWEMFO.jpg

• Administrators

if the old screen had a higher resolution and the new one does not then you need to disable duallink, setting it to 0 instead of 1. or vice versa if the new screen is the one with higher resolution then it should be set to 1. if using clover it can be in either config.plist or if the DSDT was patched then it could be in DSDT

• Administrators

The issue of the LCD connector cable may also come into account if screen resolution differ between the old and the new screen. For instance, on our old D630, the WXGA (1280x800) LCD cable differs from the WXGA+ (1440x900) one's.

After some attempts to fix it. I returned the screen, since the quality was inferior to Dell's.

I will try to find an exact replacement for it, lucklily I still have the OEM dead screen to track the product ID.

Thank you for the help guys!