E7450 - Brightness keys not working with karbiner-elements

roniez

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

On the first output, AppleBacklightInjector.kext was not caching but after the 2nd I see it's there. IOReg also confirmed it's there.

Do you see the brightness slider in Display preference? If you slide it back and forth, does it dim and brighten?

Use F11 and F12 to change not Fn+F11 or Fn+F12 just to confirm.

Before, with AppleBacklight.kext, there was the slider but no dim and brighten at all. In system profiler AppleBacklightInjector.kext is there, but ifI remeber correctly, it is not loaded. Right now neither F11 nor Fn+F11 (and F12) works for brightness..maybe because it seems I cannot vary any brightness at all

I tried to replace the config.plist in my EFI partition with that one included in your zip and now it's working with the karabiner elements. I had to replace it because I modified SMBIOS (changing from MBAir of your file to a magic wand macbook pro..could be this a problem?) but this lead to continuous rebooting (making me booting only by USB installer). 

With this strange mod, brightness should work..even if I would have an SMBIOS much closer to e7450 hardware

I did the DVMT mod with EFI shell so I don't have any more any reboot issue.

Brightness works only with your config.plist file. Is that because you specified the ssdt-apf.aml inside? Because I suppose mine didn't have it.

By the way, brightness now is working.

I can try to mod my config.plist in order to return to the original one, but with working brightness