D820 Blackscreen during Installation

Exormeter

Ok, I bought a copy of SL to use a boot CD on my Dell

D820 with NVS 120M. When it try to install at the middle of the

the screen just go black, but the CD Drive is still working.

I try newcom, iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and the boot CD I found in the forum which is for

the D820, but none of it works.

Help please...

Okk, got it working. I used iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 2.5.2 and disabled wifi in bios.

OSX working great right now. Posting from my D820 SL

I have a d820(intel graphics 945) and it does the same thing , where do I find iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 2.5.2 . also what edp should i use for sl.

2gb ram

intel 945 graphics

intel duo t2700 2.16 ghz

Dear rob,

For snow leopard, you need to use EDP 1.9.2.

Have you tried our method above to install snow leopard?

Cheers!

yea, the minute my screen changes to the apple logo it goes black, Also where is the best place to find a bootloader?

• Administrators

Dear rob,

You may want to read our guide in the Installation / How To Install OS X To Dell top menu above.

In general:-

(1) You need to create the usb installer by using myhack 3.1

(2) Install Extra bootpack (can be downloaded from Installation / Downloads Bootpack top menu above) to the usb installer (although the bootpack mentioned lion, you can also use it for snow leopard)

(3) Run myfix full mode on the usb installer

(4) Boot the installer with mach_kernel arch=i386 -f -v

(5) Once you've install os x, when myhack ask for Extra, use your own and again select the bootpack Extra above.

(6) Reboot and boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f

(7) Once you've in, run EDP 1.9.3 and myfix full mode and reboot

That should do it.

Cheers!

Dear rob,

You may want to read our guide in the Installation / How To Install OS X To Dell top menu above.

In general:-

(1) You need to create the usb installer by using myhack 3.1

(2) Install Extra bootpack (can be downloaded from Installation / Downloads Bootpack top menu above) to the usb installer (although the bootpack mentioned lion, you can also use it for snow leopard)

(3) Run myfix full mode on the usb installer

(4) Boot the installer with mach_kernel arch=i386 -f -v

(5) Once you've install os x, when myhack ask for Extra, use your own and again select the bootpack Extra above.

(6) Reboot and boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f

(7) Once you've in, run EDP 1.9.3 and myfix full mode and reboot

That should do it.

Cheers!

ok, I got SL to install using an external display. know i got to figure out how to get wifi working

the bootpacks aren't working for me and after the install w/ the display did u get ur screen back? this time i'm using a dell d830 w/ almost the same hardware and it is showing the same symptoms.