How to hackintosh a DELL latitude E6540

lukej92

I need help with installing osx on my Dell latitude E6540,

I have tried a sierra image and failed and I just made a bootable USB of mavericks by niresh and I've been getting the error Invalid partition table whole attempting to boot by USB I havent even been able to get to an actual installer yet.

I don't have access to an actual Mac computer so I used transmac on Windows to write the image to USB and have tried booting from USB to install it with no luck.

I updated my bios thinking it may be that but still getting that invalid partition table error and its really frustrating me.

I've been trying for about a week to get Osx running with no luck.

Please help!

My specs are

Intel core i7 4810MQ

Intel HD Graphics 4600

AMD Radeon HD 8790M (CPUZ SAYS I HAVE THIS AS WELL AS THE INTEGRATED 4600)

16GB DDR3 RAM

500GB HDD

• Administrators

Moving to Support section. Please try and post in the relevant sections in the future...

Don't use distros, it's not reliable since you cannot know what's inside and how they're made. Only use vanilla installations. You can refer to my E6440 guides since both model share the same hardware specs. It does not matter that you have a different CPU (but don't ignore the related warning obviously).

• Moderators

Try my Clover guide here.

Sierra 10.12.4 bootpack is in post #2, you need the Optimus version since you have the discrete Nvidia card.

Enable the following in the BIOS

UEFI

AHCI

Optimus if it's available

everything else, leave as default