Dell Latitude E6420 - Sierra HELP

EladSaar21

I have done so, but with no result.

I installed to test Yosemite with clover also and something similar happens I do it without the USB but when I boot the screen of the notebook goes black after appearing the icon of the apple and no longer lights, however the HDMI output if it works correctly .

Eureka !!! I finally found the problem, I used another file .dsdt in this case has been the dsdt_E6320.aml and "voila" is perfect does not do the damn 4 desks.

I imagine this problem would be the same in Yosemite as it uses the same .dsdt to make Yosemite.
In the forum of Insanelymac.com ,  I found a person who had made it work with an E6320 model and following the thread I found the .Dsdt I use, exactly do not know what the difference between the two but in this E6420 works well.

When I finish the installation, I report the result.

Thank you very much  
:)

the new file Dsdt.aml Tested and working,  thank you very much,

Do you know how to make clover version 2.3K rev.3766 boot automatically without stopping on the boot select screen?

I can not boot and consequently give the intro every time I reboot. My clover Configurator is 4.41.0.  Thanks

But I do not know that I did not have speaker audio or HDMI audio

I installed Voodoo 2.8.7 but it does not work neither speaker nor HDMI audio.

The auto start with clover it´s works, now I have the audio of Speaker and Hdmi, I have managed to work both but I do not know why and do something that annoys again and I do not know that makes the audio work well for Touch it more.

Could be the file dsdt.aml ??

Please help for audio !!!!!

• Moderators

Get rid of VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler. The kexts from my bootpack will enable internal audio and HDMI audio. Just had to make sure you have permission fix and rebuild cache successfully.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
  • Like 1

Thank Jake Lo for your invaluable help.

I was unable to disable VoodoHDA.kext and I do not know why? But I have checked the file that I used config.plist configuration and I saw that it was not the same as the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of your boot package, I copied the patches manually in my config.plist file is correct now Internal and external audio works on HDMI without volume control, but I'm very happy about it.

What I do not understand is what VoodooHDA because I can not eliminate it, but I do not mind my not bothering me.

In the end i have achieved it, everything is working except the wifi connection. I have idea to replace it with a model Atheros-AR5B95, can you confirm if this card is compatible with E6420 also if it were possible to be compatible with AirDrop function and Handoff support?

• Administrators

AR5B95 is compatible but not the best choice if you want AirDrop and Handoff. Opting for a more modern combo BT4.0+wireless card, especially with Sierra, such as those based on BCM4360 or BCM4352 chips would require less patching and be a much better choice (AR5B195 and similar are AR5B95+combo Bluetooth 3.0).

One of the best possible choices is to go for an Apple card such as the BCM94360CD with a mini-PCIe adapter board. They work OOB and support all those features with 802.11ac gigabit wireless connectivity.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1916-the-perfect-mini-pcie-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-notebooks/

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7554-broadcom-bcm4360cd-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card/

• Like 1