Dell Latitude E6420 - Sierra HELP

EladSaar21

Understood, I tried to install the captain with the dsdt folder e6420 but did not finish boot for installation, I will try with the other folder e6420_NVS , if there is luck.

Anyway you've had experiences of the problem that I tell you about the frozen laptop ??? It's what worries me the most.

No luck The only way I get the installation window to appear is with the DSDT.aml I used for the E6420 I5 from last week.

When I want to perform the installation does not let install on a HDD with Map partitions M.B.R, but it forces me to GUI.

Install fine but after don't bootable. No Luck , I 
don't get it.  Comes to appear in the desktop the icon of the apple but immediately followed by letters and"Kernei panic Cpu 3"

I do not understand why it does not let me install when the Hdd has partition map M.B.R and I also do not understand why it does not boot when I install it with GUI partition map.

Maybe it will be the USB that I created ... but everything works fine even if it installs correctly but when it has to boot from the HDD it does not.

On the other Dell E6420 I5 I did it as M.B.R and all good and on this laptop to install Sierra also has done it as M.B.R

However I will insist with some tests, but I think that maybe it will be better to install windows and then I'll take it off and look for another, especially because of the freezes it has suffered with MacOs Sierra.

I thought the operation might be the same or similar to e6420 I5, but I can not do it right.

I've updated my 6420 from Dell from 10.12.3 to 10.12.5 and it does not work with the keyboard or the laptop's touch. What can be ??

I have replaced the .kext files of the EFI / Clover / kext cap after updating but still not working. USB ports work and BT also, does not work Wifi dell DW1550, touch or keyboard.

Thank you

• Administrators

if you replaced the kexts in efi make sure you also transferred the kexts from l/e or s/l/e if you had done so previously maybe you still have old versions there also. you will need to rebuild the caches

• Like 1