HELP - T 540p Boot pack needed

mpotturi

Hello Gurus out there... I have recently successfully setup hackintosh on my Dell Latitude E6540 with great help from Jake Lo. Now trying to do the same with my Lenovo T540p. As I do not understand the intricacies of SSDT/DSDT and do not have ability to patch them, I am hoping to get help from you guys. The attached zip contains my ACPI files. Hope somebody would provide the boot pack for my machine.

My specs:

CPU i5 4300 2.6Ghz

IGP - HD4600  15"  1920x1080

500 Gb Hard disk

origin.zip

• Administrators

You'll have to identify the exact specs of your hardware elements (LAN, wireless, bluetooth, audio, card reader, trackpad, etc.) so that the right kexts can be provided.

Appreciate your response. Here are the devices present in my system:

• CPU - i5 4300M 2.6GHz quad core
  • IGP - HD4600 15" 1920x1080
  • 2x2 11b/g/n Wileless LAN M.2 Adapter
  • Intel ® Ethernet Connection 1217-LM
  • Realtek Blutooth 4.0 + Highspeed chip
  • Realtek ALC3226 Audio
  • Realtek PCIE CardReader
  • Synaptics Pointing Device (trackpad)
  • Synaptics FP Sensors (Fingerprint Reader)
  • SunplusIT Integrated Camera (webcam)
  • Alcor Micro USB Smart Card Reader

It has 4 USB3 ports (one is ON always - charging port)

Mini display port and VGA port

16 Gb memory (2x8Gb)

I hope I have covered it all. Please let me know if I have missed out any. Once again, thank you for taking time to respond to my request.

Mohan

• Administrators

Ok for CPU (Haswell i5-4300M with HD4600 integrated graphics), LAN (Intel i217LM) and audio (ALC3226 = ALC292). The rest remains to be specifically defined (wireless, Bluetooth, Card reader). If you run Windows, I suggest you identify the PCI vendor + device ids through apps such as CPUZ or Aida64 or through the device manager.

You'll need to:

1) apply the Haswell kernel patch to boot your system properly and avoid KP or boot loop

2) apply the HD4600 tuning: fake Desktop HD4600 id 0x0412 and use Rehabman's FakePCIIDxxx kexts. You have a HiRes screen, so make sure to set DualLink to 1.

3) use Mieze's IntelMausiEthernet driver or AppleIntel1000e kext for the LAN card

4) apply ALC292 AppleHDA patches and use dummy ALC292 kext for audio

5) for Keyboard and TrackPad, look-up the latest Synaptics kexts on the forum

The rest will depend on the other hardware being properly identified.

You can refer to my E6440 guides to grab kexts (FakeSMC + LAN + audio + CPUPM-related SSDT) from the published bootpacks or your existing E6540 build since those Dell laptops are based on similar hardware as your Lenovo T450p

Thanks for the instructions. I will start working on it tonight. Here are some more details I could grab from the system after seeing your instruction to look up vendor & hardware IDs

Wireless:  Vendor is Realtek and it has the following h/w ids
------------
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_818B&SUBSYS_001B10EC&REV_00
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_818B&SUBSYS_001B10EC
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_818B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_818B&CC_0280

Blutooth:  Vendor is Realtek
------------
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8761&REV_0200
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8761

Card Reader:  Venor is AlcorMicro
-----------------
USB\VID_058F&PID_9540&REV_0120
USB\VID_058F&PID_9540

Thanks for your response Jake. I prepared the USB using the boot pack override you sent me. The installer booted up but it did not have the install option to install macOS. It behaved as if it did not have the macOS install package on the USB stick. I am 100% sure I followed your clover guide just like I did for my Latitude. However, I noticed that the size of the config.plist is significantly larger for Lenovo than for the Dell one. I know it could have been due to the fact that these two are different hardware configurations. Am I supposed to keep or delete the dsdt and ssdt files in ACPI\patched directory on the USB? I kept them. Did not try removing them yet as it was late last night by the time I got to that point. Thank you.

Mohan

I was talking about the ssdt and dsdt files that Jake included in T540p.zip file attachment. I was not sure if they are meant for post install on hard disk ony or they are to be used for both installer usb and post install hard disk. I do not remember what exactly I did for my Dell. That is the reason I was asking about them.