Dell E5530 - Sierra - How to get audio to work?

unfold

What guide and bootpack did you use?

Attach Clover folder if you are using a custom bootpack.

I used: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/

I used the clover file for my computer E5530. Although it was for El Capitan, It worked for sierra. 

Only issue is audio and 2 usbs ports don't work but do give power. 

IDT 92HD93 patch for AppleHDA is readily available on Hackintosh sites. Here for instance. Goes with relevant dummy kext (available in E6230 posted bootpack).

I put the AppleHDA in where all the other Ktexts are after mounting. I named it AppleHDA and tried again with the full name. I restarted and nothing happened. Not sure if I did anything wrong.

Try Sierra Bootpack

Would I just take the apple hda out? or do I boot with the entire thing. I'm afraid it'll break my computer if I boot with the entire folder? Can you confirm please

• Moderators

Replace all the files and folders in /EFI/Clover with my attachment.

Install all the kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

Note: Don't rename any kext files, use as they are, except for choosing the correct Config and DSDT file and renaming them appropriately

Restore AppleHDA to vanilla to /S/L/E if you had installed a modified one, get it from your installer...

Run permission fix and rebuild cache. Repeat last 3 commands until successful without error. Reboot

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm very new to this so I just would like to make a few things more clear.

1. I mount the EFI and copy all the files in there,  so the ACPI folder and Kexts will go into the Clover folder. If anything is the same, it overwrites it.

2. Installing the Ktexts? Do I just copy them over into that folder? Or do I have to use a program to do such a thing.

3. How exactly do I chose the right config? and DSDT. not sure what to do there

Thanks!

• Moderators

1) Correct, overwrite, not merge

2) Just copy them, no need to use kext utility

3) Depends on the size of your Display resolution. You could find that in the BIOS if you're not certain.

HiRes = 1600x900 or higher

LoRes = 1366x768

Choose the correct one and rename to Config.plist and DSDT.aml

Thanks!

I get this error when rebuiliding the cache thing

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDAEnabler12.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext PinConfigs.kext
AppleALC.kext - no compatible dependency found for as.vit9696.Lilu.
AppleALC.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleALC.kext
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.AppleALC; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: DED2F05E4C63AA51737ED571A8C7C0CD
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
admins-MBP:~ admin$       sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
admins-MBP:~ admin$       sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
admins-MBP:~ admin$       sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
admins-MBP:~ admin$       sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDAEnabler12.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext PinConfigs.kext
AppleALC.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleALC.kext
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.AppleALC; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: DED2F05E4C63AA51737ED571A8C7C0CD
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot