Dual boot Mac Windows Clover

seeker_pl

Hi,

I would like to reinstall my macOS Sierra installation, without loosing exisiting Windows installation. 

Same SSD drive. Can I boot thru Clover to recovery and start fresh installation? Or boot with macOS USB installer, wipe macOS and start new installation? If I copy Microsoft folder from EFI, will it be possible to use Windows after mac reinstallation?

UEFI

DISKPART> list part

Partition ###  Type              Size     Offset
  -------------  ----------------  -------  -------
  Partition 1    EFI             200 MB    20 KB
  Partition 2    macOS            187 GB   200 MB
  Partition 3    recovery            619 MB   187 GB
  Partition 4    Reserved            16 MB   187 GB
  Partition 5    Windows            288 GB   187 GB
  Partition 6    Recovery           450 MB   476 GB

Hi, I am currently dual booting Windows 10 and macOS Sierra.

I had done similar steps in setting up macOS Sierra like shrinking my windows partition and deleting/reformatting my macOS partition. Here I am, running with Windows 10 and macOS and non of them are harmed in any way.

In order for you to progress, you'd go with your later route, i.e: "boot with macOS USB installer, wipe macOS and start new installation with the macOS Sierra USB installer."

Remember, format the partition (not the disk!) in disk utility when you boot into macOS Sierra with the USB.

If I copy Microsoft folder from EFI, will it be possible to use Windows after mac reinstallation?

I do not know if the re-installation of macOS will wipe the EFI partition (which I doubt). But yes, it's safe to copy the EFI folder for the microsoft windows partition. 

• Like 1