E7470: various issues (wifi, audio, brightness) - Sierra 10.12.5

jerrywilborn

• Moderators

You have to patch all the SSDT without the xx after the numbers with GFX0->IGPU across the board. Not just the DSDT.

SSDT-PNLF.aml goes hand and hand with AppleBacklightInjector.kext along with this hot patch by Rehabman for Brightness, it's a fix that 10.12.4 broke with IntelBacklight.kext and PNLF DSDT patch.

<dict><key>Comment</key>
<string>change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx for AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RiV1VCUwNHgA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleBacklight</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RiV1VHh4eHgA
</data>
</dict>
  • Like 1

Woohoo!!  Progress!!!

So the wifi now works great (was able to establish a connection and send traffic), but audio and brightness controls are not working.  Do you have a list of the DSDT patches you used to create your bootpack?  (Unless you know what I should edit in the bootpack DSDT?)

help me to do this i am new on this.

my wifi is working now but sound gone.

• Moderators

If It was working previously, then run this and reboot

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I fixed this by doing all of the DSDT patches Jake listed EXCEPT for GFX0->IGPU. I performed this rename via Clover Configurator.  I did apply the patch to the SSDT extractions (be sure to exclude the SSDTs that end with 'x' as they are dynamic and patching doesn't make sense for them).

Use rehabman's guide for patching your DSDT/SSDTs. With this configuration I was able to get "almost" everything working (still struggling with camera after sleep/wake even though it shows as a USB device).

I fixed this by doing all of the DSDT patches Jake listed EXCEPT for GFX0->IGPU. I performed this rename via Clover Configurator.  I did apply the patch to the SSDT extractions

I have to face exactly the same problem u got! Brightness works perfect after sleep. After login only max brightness or like non. Im very unexperienced in SSDT and DSDTs. Still trying to create my own DSDT but I get a lot of Errors after using "HDEF layout1"

​I also don't understand what kind of patch I have to use for the SSDTs. Maybe you can help me out? Could you explain what u did with the ssdts for dummies?

Thanks!