[SOLVED] E5450 Sierra Install help

Sohm

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having trouble with this (pardon me, I'm kinda new. It's been years since I did a Hackintosh, last one was probably Lion)

E5450 with Core-i7 vPro. Are the instructions the same? I'm getting KPs on the GPU driver.

Is editing the BIOS absolutely necessary? I thought that wasn't required using Clover's patching.

Any help totally appreciated.

• Moderators

If you prefer not to edit the BiOS, then you have 2 choices.

For Clover patching to work, the kext must first be cached, this won't work on installation. So you'll have to use a FakeID for GPU, i.e. 0x12345678

After installation and cache created, you can disable the FakeID

Second choice, try adding the following kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other:

lilu.kext

IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Ok, I had borked my entire Clover setup trying to make a mishmash of the one included in the torrent I downloaded, your updates, and Clover v4114. I ended up redoing the entire drive, deleting all of EFI and starting over from scratch. Also had to download and include the "Latitude" theme.

I enabled "AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer" and used the FakeID 0x16260006 (same hex string as the ig-platform-id in your updated bootpack) and it worked!  Installation in progress.

At this point, do I just wholesale copy my Clover setup from the USB to the HDD?