Sierra on E6430 - Post-Installation problems

Kjescha

Hi, I have installed Sierra on my E643 following Jake Lo's guide, but unfortunately I habe problem with steps from post-installation section.

1. Graphics artefact in middle of the booting process (I already downgraded the BIOS to A03 and then up to A11)

2. After copying kexts (from the above mentioned guide) to /L/E and repairing permission I can't boot into os anymore. The system reboots after graphics artefacts.

Do I miss something?

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, after another reboot the artifacts are gone and I also could fix the 2nd problem. Seems I mixed up config.plists. Currently I'm trying to fix following issues:

• HDMI audio output
  • Bluetooth DW380 is not recognized by os (using BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext)

• Administrators

You're using the HiRes Capri layout 0x01660004, therefore you need to patch the Capri framebuffer kext as per the recommended setup in your Clover config. See here for details.

As detailed in my E6230 guide, DW380 will work once you inject its device id in the Broadcom transport kext. This can be done either through FakeSMC (you add the necessary entry to the kext's Info.plist) or through direct patching of the IOBluetoothFamily PlugIn kext. Patching principles are explained here. An example of how you can inject info through FakeSMC is available here. This make for a much better and far more sustainable patch than direct Broadcom transport kext patching which would need to be repeated after each update and/or upgrade.

NB: Remember to compress (zip) files before you attach them. JPEG can be attached "as is", they're already compressed.

Thanks for your help guys.

1. no HDMI audio -> the issue is that there is no audio output after plugging in the cable.

2. Bluetooth -> Fixed it by adding the patch into Fakesmc.kext, but I can not link my iPhone 5S with my E6430. Further AirDrop doesn't work.

Would you recommend the patch within fakesmc.kext or using kexts from Rehabman?

3. Caps lock issue -> Two hits are required to deactivate caps lock.

I have added a zip of my EFI folder. The DSDT is for El Capitan from Jake Lo's guide, the config.plist contains mixed patches from different files for 1600x900 models.

used_EFI.zip

• Administrators

DW380 ids are listed in my E6230 guide... It's a simple matter of creating a new model entry in the kext's Info.plist file by copying/pasting an existing entry and adjusting the device ids to the DW380's (in decimal). But don't expect all macOS Bluetooth functionalities to work or work well. If you want full AirDrop and full BT functionalities, opt for an Apple BCM94360CD with adapter board. That'll work 100% OOB.

Re: HDMI audio, erm, you do have audio with patched AppleHDA, right?

CapsLock is an old and known matter. No fix for it.