Sierra on E6430 - Post-Installation problems

Kjescha

• Administrators

Nothing wrong having no information listed under PCI devices in SysProfiler. Real Macs display the same. It's a cosmetic matter. If you wish to display hardware in there, simply add a _DSM method in the DSDT for the various devices you wish to see (eg: GPU, LAN, wifi, etc.).

You can refer to this article for reference. It's an old article and the tools have evolved (you'll probably be using Maciasl to patch your DSDT these days), but the principles remain the same.

If you don't know which DSDT device to patch, 1st identify them in IOReg, take a note of their address, then look them up in DSDT.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Regarding Clover config.plist, I suggest you modify as follows using Clover Configurator app:

1) ACPI tab:

Add SSDT CpuPM + SSDT Cpu0Ist in the list of drop tables. You can probably tick off "Drop OEM" option. Make sure to have your generated CPU-specific SSDT in ACPI/patched folder

2) Kernel & Kext Patches tab:

You have an Ivy Bridge system so remove the Kernel Pm option you've applied.

3) SMBIOS tab:

You've opted for MacBookPro10,1 model which is a high-end quad-core i7 model. According to the specs listed in your signature, you'd be much better using SMBIOS of MacBookPro9,2 or -possibly- MacBookPro10,2;

Finally I found some time to apply your suggestions and do some long term test.

The result is, I still get different outputs from "AppleIntelInfo.kext", but I guess it comes from "DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext" in addition with plugged in/unplugged power cord. Further the weird output in the hwMonitor diagram comes from still loaded "AppleIntelInfo.kext". After unloading the kext the digram showed proper frequencies, but now the cpu operates almost at the max non turbo frequency which is 2.9GHz for my cpu.

Again, thank you for your help.