E7240 on Sierra working great except for two issues.

jbzcar

Updated my WiFI/BT to an AW-CE123H and BT and 5ghz are working well. Airdrop also works perfectly. Having some issues with handoff and continuity, though. Instant hotspot shows up under WiFi, but it times out and won't connect. iMessage and Facetime calling are working beautifully. I've tried signing out/in and reconnecting to WiFi on my Hackbook and my iPhone but still not able to connect to hotspot or working Contiunity.

Also still having the other issues as posted in my OP.

Thanks for any insight.

• Administrators

You should have audio with standard installation process and the steps & files of the guide.

Regarding wifi, please check the FAQ section. It's there for that very purpose... You'll have to identify the exact card model installed in your laptop.

Thank you for your answer.
My card is Dell Wireless 1506. Will it work? how can I enable it?

Now about audio
As a understood. I should put AppleHDA_ALC292.kext.zip  in EFI partition /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/
But I can't mount it now. How can I do mount of EFI after install?

upd: I have to reinstall Clover, then I can add file to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/
Still no sound :(

• Administrators

The ALC292 kext has to be installed to /Library/Extensions to be cached as opposed to injected through the Clover EFI folder. Otherwise, the AppleHDA patch cannot be applied. Once you've moved the kext there, repair permissions & rebuild your cache. Detailed guidance for this is available in the FAQ section.

Regarding the DW1506, check up the wireless thread in the FAQ section. This will lead you to a dedicated thread on supported cards and associated patches if applicable.