[Help] HDMI AUDIO/VIDEO -DELL VOSTRO 3546

kekkei

Dear @Jack Lo,I am currently using sierra 10.12.2 on my mobo vostro 3546-Almost same config as Dell inspiron 3542.Only the differnce is Vga output instead of hdmi.
Specs:-
i3-4005u
HD4400
ALC255
AR9565 combo

Problem:-
Currently i am using Rehabman's Clover predefined config.plist for 4400 graphics.Everything working fine as real macbook but I want to make Intel Hdmi Audio controller visible under dpci manager below Realtek (××××) in Sound Tab.

I have enabled Bod3 to Hdau from Dsdt hot patches.Further in kext2patch ,i have tried both 9 and 12 patch for AppleintelframebufferAzul for both port 204 and 1** .Also i have working Applealc inject id13 .

Done Hdas to hdef,Irq fix from Dsdt patches.Is Fake_Intel_hdmiaudio.kext is needed if i have 8086:0a0c which is supported by apple.
Further,how to inject hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on HDAU and inject layoutid to hdau,igpu.(layout13).However in Apple system info ,in Audio Devices i can see Hdmi devices ,but in Dpci manager ,its not present.

Thanks ,so for short

I want to know
Inject hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on HDAU,hdef,igpu and inject layout id to the same,Further if any hope for vga controller,tell me.
Thanks

• Like 1

• Moderators

You're missing some SSDT. Can you extract the RAW files by booting to Clover GUI, hit F4. Compress and attach the Clover here again or just the Origin folder from EFI/Clover/ACPI

Update:

Try this, think I found the raw files from your Origin folder

Repatch your DSDT/SSDT and updated your Config file. 

Vostro_kekkei.zip

Sir,First of all thanks for patching.
But,I would like to learn for enabling hdmi.
Can you please make a guide or give me a good link of your patching .
Also,Can you seek into solution for line in detection for HeadPhones by KNNSpeed@Insanelymac
(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-%E2%80%94-dynamic-applehda-patching/?p=2453130) for alc255,however he has alc298 ,and i want coefficient ids and parameters for alc255.
Thanks a lot.
Update:-Tried your setup
Intel Hdmi Audio controller still isnt visible in Dpci Manager.
Thanks

• Moderators

HD4400 and HDAU is patched in SSDT-7.aml. Make sure you included all the DSDT and SSDTs into Patched folder.

layout-id is added to HDAU

Device (HDAU)        
{
            Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "layout-id", Buffer() { 13, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
                })
            }

HD 4400

Device (IGPU)        
{
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "device-id", Buffer() { 0x12, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0a },
                    "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
                    "model", Buffer() { "Intel HD 4400" },
                })
            }

Yeah @Jack Lo ,i included all dsdts ssdts except ssdt-02 since it has 8 cores defined further i added back dell ps2 hack ssdt by Rehabman for fn control keys working.I have seen myself that u have injected the layout 13 in ssdt-07 but yet is not available in ioreg under hdau .However same is available under audio sec. Of system profiler.Also ,Since u have disabled clover patch for renaming these yet i can see hdau and igpu instead of bod3 and gfx0 .means ,ssdt-07 is injected but no layout id in hdau section. thanks

Thanks

• Moderators

The files are patched from the Origin folder found in post #3. If those are from another system, then better extract new files and patch those instead.

Attach the new raw files here.

Update:

Just noticed DSDT.aml was not entered in the Config file. Check to see if it was loaded as well.