[Help] HDMI AUDIO/VIDEO -DELL VOSTRO 3546

kekkei

I am extremely sorry for what i mentioned ,

I beg pardon for that,

i had decompiled my acpi tables 1 year ago.looked again and found that none of mentioned above flaws are from your side.i don't know why it has defined 8 cpu cores while i can see only 4 cores in ioreg working ,others are just dummy entries.again sorry for what i said,just forget it.

But,i still cant see Intel Hdmi audio controller under Dpci manager below realtek audio .(see screenshots)

I dont think it is necessary to add dsdt.aml in config.plist.is it necessary ?

I have also attached my ioreg .is it correct for hdau from your view ?

ioreg+dpci_screenshot.zip

• Moderators

The screen of the DPCIManager is same on my Haswell system, but HDMI audio works just fine.

What happened when you plug into an HDMI monitor with audio capable? Your IOReg does not show you have anything plug in. Layout-id is definitely attached. 0x0D = Hex for 13

Strange I'm only seeing FB@0 and not FB@1 or FB@2 available under IGPU@2.

Did you look in Sound preferences under Output tab to see if HDMI audio appeared?

HDAU.png

Yeah,i knew that layoutid is in hex,as like 0x11 is for 17 decimal,i am trying to see this property key & value and device id in IOHDSCODECDEVICE@3,0 instead.

Further,i have disabled my both output other than lvds ,@1 and @2 (it is in 9mb cursor bytes patch).Because it cause a little lag while login and after sleep.Forget it .

I just want to learn to patch for hdmi as i seen people with hdmi visible in dpci manager.(i have stated in first post that i want to know patching instead)

Also,i have a single physical output other than lvds,which is vga no dp ,no hdmi.So will try someday with vga output(i know it has nothing to do with hdmi audio).also,you have confirmed that hdmi audio is working without visible under dpci,that is enough.

And thanks a lot again for your concern.

An off topic ,

nothing happens when i press power button ,(power button is not configured) .Although ,eventually on pressing it for long time ,system turn off (which is hardware feature).

further ,instead of alt+ctrl+delete key comb. ,i have alt+ctrl+insert as sudden reboot (described by Rehabman in voodookeyboard.kext ).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Moderators

What touchpad do it have?

I'm using ApplePS2Controller (generic) on my system and the power button does provide dialog menu. So I guess you'll have to use the correct kext for your system or give ApplePS2Controller a try but it doesn't give you any multi touch function.

Elantouch = Try Dinesh's VoodooPS2Controller

Synaptics = Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller

Alps          = Dr. Hurt's Refined VoodooPS2Controller

Cypress.   = won't support Sierra, causes KP unless the developer fixes it