Intel Bluetooth seen in SysInfo: Does this mean my wifi and bluetooth cards are supported?

Laxman

I know intel cards are not supported in hackintosh. I am on El capitan 10.11.6 on a dell e7240 with clover and the system  information shows my  bluetooth as well as plan cards detected. does that mean they will work?  or are they values appearing because of the mac model i choose.

If so, please delete this post   thanks,

Untitled.tiff

• Moderators

The Bluetooth can be make to work but very inconsistent, but Intel wireless will not be supported. That's just a generic message whether you have a working wireless or not. If your card is supported, it'll show up underneath Interfaces.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The BT modules of some Intel combo cards are supported under OS X. They can therefore complement another non-combo but compatible wireless card. That's what I've done with my Latitude E6440 that offers multiple mini-PCIE slots: I left the original combo Intel card in its slot since the BT4.0 module was supported and I added a wifi-only Atheros card in another mini-PCIe slot.

• Like 1

Bluetooth kinda works but very unstable so equal  to useless. Its a combo card. I bought a DW1510 with only  wifi at the moment. Will get a 1550/1560 later if I really need the bluetooth. I use bluetooth very rarely.  thanks brodas

• Administrators

If Bluetooth appears supported -even if only partially-, you may just need a little patch to fully support it. You can apply the same principles and method as detailed here for the BT module of Intel's Advanced-N 6235.