E7240: KP on updating from El Capitan to Sierra

Laxman

• Moderators

You need to disable the 10.11.x boot glitch. Can be done from Clover Options...in one of the custom patches.

Use an external mouse and keyboard to get on.

Update your bootpack with Sierra's bootpack once you're on.

• Like 1

I updated the bootpack and its great now but the mouse left click doesnt work. I used the new Vodoo usb kext by Dr Hurt for the trackpad, trackpad is smooth and well,  but left click on mouse doesnt work.uff 

also, when the machine is turned on, all usbs work, system info shows camera, mouse and all. but once i plugin a second usb device, none of the usbs work and the sysinfo shows no mouse, camera etc. strange. please help

Hey Jake man. I installed Sierra on another partition from recovery and then put the bootpack from your clover guide and now it works great. That usb problem doesnt exist anymore. My bios is A05. Maybe I should stick with this sierra for a while. Replacing my wifi card today with the 1550 you suggested. Hope it works oob.

Whats strange though is now my pc produces 2 clicking noise when computer just boots on power and then screen flickers twice after apple logo to desktop. Searched forums but cant figure out the reason.

Also I now have 3 recovery disks at clover boot, how to remove thwm jake apart from formatting the drive?

• Administrators

You can Google for removal of recovery partitions, there are many posts and blogs that detail this action. But, since you run Clover, you may want to keep your Sierra recovery partition. It's used for Apple device localisation facility for instance...