E7240: KP on updating from El Capitan to Sierra

Laxman

The extra recovery drive comes again. I tried changing the options in the config file with cc and disabled kernel, legacy options but doesnt change anything, I even set a custom boot time of 3 seconds with default boot drive set but it doesnt work . any better option to remove the extra recovery drive?

As you see in the pic, I wan to remove the recovery drive below my media drive. I formatted the media drive but that doesnt go.

post-95211-0-29088600-1501303741_thumb.png

• Administrators

The recovery partition attached to a main installation partition is listed right below it. It's a dedicated partition on the disk so no bootloader option is going to make it go away, only merely hide it from you (Clover and Chameleon/Enoch do provide this facility, you can look that up).

To remove it, apply the guidelines as detailed in this OS X Daily blog entry for instance:

diskutil eraseVolume HFS+ Blank /dev/disk0sY                    --> where 'Y' is index of recovery partition
diskutil mergePartitions <main partition name> disk0sX disk0sY  --> where 'X' is index of main partition

Remember: Google is your friend...

In your particular case, rename your Media partition/drive to "Media_drive" (to remove the space) and type the following:

diskutil eraseVolume HFS+ Blank /dev/disk0s4
diskutil mergePartitions HFS+ Media_drive disk0s3 disk0s4

You may then rename your partition to "Media drive" again.

The 1st command reformats the recovery partition to HFS+ format and names it "Blank" (call it "Blaaaagh" if you wish). The 2nd command recovers the freed-up disk space and reassigns it to the main partition by merging the ex-recovery partition with the main one.

If you need help with diskutil command, type:

man diskutil
  • Like 1

Perfect. With you guys' help , my Mac os sierra is perfect. Cant thank you guys enough.

Only little thing which isnt so important is, my screen flickers twice when its on the apple logo, I googled but mostly there are fixes for major flickerings. If you cld help me with that, my mac shall be 100%. 

Herve my man, I ticked on the infolist patch option, rebuilded cache and all, but the garble just got worse with more black lines on screen. I also opened the config plist with na editor,  tried find and replace the above items but after boot my graphics was messed up. I must be doing something wrong. I am new to this, bear with me please.

ALso, I am trying to attach an ioreg file but it says i am not allowed to attach such files. How else can i see if my qe/ci is fully enabled?

post-95211-0-83953100-1501339363_thumb.png