E6430 - Issues Sierra and audio

alexandervos

Hi there, i installed sierra with the helpf from Jake Lo Guide. Everything is working fine it seems. Except when i plug in a external hdmi monitor, the laptop shuts off. Other problem i'm facing that sound does not work.

For the installation I used the pack jake lo provided for sierra. I used the config.plist hi-res laptop has (intel 1600x900). I have no clue what to do at this point, can anyone help me out?

Thanks

I allready did that... As you suggested, I've put all the the kexts which were on my EFI partition on my MAC drive.

What I did as you, instructed: /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

The kexts that were in the Other folder, I have put them in S/L/E/.

Still no sound, no HDMI video.

I want to revert back to El Capitan. It worked perfectly fine before this. Having a second monitor is essential for me. 

I can't revert back to El Capitan because its not in the App Store for me.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Did you also copy the Config and ACPI folder from the USB installer to the installed drive?

HDMI video should work with the Config file from the bootpack.

When you ran the permission fix and rebuild cache commands, did you encounter error?

Post the output here for review.

This is the output that gave when I repaired permission and rebuild the cache, for both L/E and S/L/E folders (as documented in your guide):

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_IDT.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: B67178085BA9C792F6EFF5E910B007C6

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot