E6430 - Issues Sierra and audio

alexandervos

Open the Config.plist with Clover Configuration v4.46

Go to the kextToPatch and disable AppleHDA patches #2 and #3, reboot.

Ok and that will fix the problems? Because at the moment I reverted back to El Capitan. I dont want to deal with the same problems, if you know what I mean  :-P

Well there is a reason why I want to upgrade, because on of the audio plugins I use is currently not supported on El Capitan. Can I upgrade to Sierra and keep the files I currently have, and follow the exact same procedure as described in Jake Lo's guide?

Open the Config.plist with Clover Configuration v4.46

Go to the kextToPatch and disable AppleHDA patches #2 and #3, reboot.

I want to let you know I just upgraded to Sierra. Was quite painless with the help of of your guide, and the tips you gave me above allow me to have sound and I can plug in an external HDMI monitor. 

I am also quite amazed at the kexts you guys put out for modding the HDMI(and other modified kexts offc), as the latest Macbooks(2013?) dont even ship with a HDMI port :D. Well done. 

make sure you transferred the kexts in the LE and SLE folders in the bootpack to there respective places.

In your guide you mention that kexts from the EFI folder Other should be moved to the /L/E folder, which is was I did, The kexts that remain outside the Other folder, remain on the EFI boot partition. Is this the right way or should I move the other kexts to /S/L/E aswell?

This question remains because I rebuild the cache for the /S/L/E/ folders aswell...

Thanks alot.

• Administrators

When you rebuild the cache, OS X/macOS includes kexts in /S/L/E and /L/E. Kexts in Clover EFI folder are injected, not cached. Obviously, don't duplicate kexts in both places (/S/L/E or /L/E and EFI/kexts/xxx).