Dell Latitude E6230 with i7 and SSD

WalterWolf

• Administrators

Then your E6230 is not tuned properly. Post your entire zipped EFI folder or list & post the zipped set of kexts you might have installed to /L/E or /S/L/E.

Audio requires the same AppleHDA patch as usual:

1. DSDT layout injection 12 in HDEF device (you should already have that)
  2. IDT 92HD93 dummy kext installation in /L/E (you probably missed that)
  3. AppleHDA binary patch (same patch as for Sierra -> see my Enoch Sierra guide for details)

In Sierra, the AppleHDA binary patch for codec ALC292 consists of:

• replace 8419D411 by 9202EC10 (2 x instances)
  • replace 8508EC10 by 00000000 (2 x instances)
  • replace 8408EC10 by 00000000 (2 x instances)

originally written by Hervé

Okay, did that. May I have problems with the DSST causing the restarts ?

• Administrators

Waterwolf, it's be useful (for you) if you would read the existing guides for that laptop model, where absolutely everything is detailed and available. Really everything.

Your Clover configuration is a bit messy:

• You have no compiled SSDT table for your CPU in the ACPI/patched folder, only a source text file... As such, do not expect to have any proper CPU power management at all. If you read Pike R Alpha's blog, you should be able to generate the table properly, especially as the script does ask you all the right questions...
  • Your Clover config.plist points specifically to several ssdt files that do not exist!  ssdt.aml + ssdt-0.aml + ssdt-1.aml + ssdt2.aml.  :shock:  :?
  • Your Clover config.plist has unnecessary options selected in its Boot section, but never mind, they don't do any harm.
  • In the Kernel & Kext Patches section, you can remove the KernelPm patch, it's useless on Sandy/IvyBridge; you only need the AppleIntelCPUPM patch. You can keep the AppleRTC patch if you want of course.
  • You have the correct IDT 92HD93 AppleHDA patches in the Kernel & Kext Patches (as confirmed by JakeLo); consequently, I cannot understand your post #24; late night mistake probably...
  • Your kexts folder is quite wrong; for instance, you've copied the FakePCIID_XHCIMux kext but missed the parent kext FakePCIID without which the former will simply not work.

For some obscure reasons, you've posted that you've installed VoodooSDHC kext. This is a big mistake for at least 2 reasons:

• it causes issues with sleep & wake
  • your DSDT already has the patch to make the O2 card reader work OOB (though the injected info differs a bit from the patch we usually apply)

So, if you want your E6230 to work well, the 1st thing to do is to generate the compiled SSDT table for CPU Power Management and adjust your Clover config.plist accordingly (Drop DMAR + SSDT CPUPm + SSDT CPU01st and remove those useless SSDT entries in Sorted Order).

Wrong:

ACPI_wrong.png

Correct:

ACPI_correct.png

If the SD card reader does not work OOB, adjust the patch in the DSDT from this:

Return (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "compatible", 
                           Buffer (0x0D)
                           {
                               "pci14e4,16bc"
                           }, 

"name", 
                           Buffer (0x0D)
                           {
                               "pci14e4,16bc"
                           }, 

"model", 
                           Buffer (0x18)
                           {
                               "O2 Micro SD Card Reader"
                           }, 

"IOName", 
                           "pci14e4,16bc"
                       })

to this:

Return (Package ()
                       {
                           "compatible", 
                           Buffer (0x0D)
                           {
                               "pci14e4,16bc"
                           }, 
                           "model", 
                           Buffer (0x18)
                           {
                               "O2 Micro SD Card Reader"
                           } 
                       })

as described in the reference thread on the matter posted here.

If you wish to follow proper and validated E6230 guides, please refer to one of these 2:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8883-dell-latitude-e6230-with-i5-3340m-hd4000-and-1366x768-lcd-mavericksyosemiteel-capitansierra/&do=findComment&comment=64491

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/

• Like 1

Hello again,

I just followed your advice - no freezes anymore! Thank you very much!!!

-Is there any Idea on how2 fix the boot artifacts ?

-Card reader already worked, just tried it out.

-To completely beeing able to read CPU temp I have to install FakeSMC, right ?

-Onboard Bluetooth isn't even recognized in the list. Any idea for me ?

Could you pls check my EFI again, it's attached ? Thanks in advance!!

-Why Clover config always wants to convert SSDT from Cpu0lst to Cpu0cst ?

Again, thanx alot !!!

Greetings, Walter.

EFI.zip

• Administrators

You still didn't manage to get it right, so here's a Clover config file that you work...

config.plist.zip

To be able to read hardware info such as T°, your need FakeSMC's PlugIns. FakeSMC is obviously already installed (notably in your kexts folder, doh!) or you would not even be able to boot your Hackintosh.

If your card reader already worked, then I understand even less why you would have attempted to load VoodooSDHC kext. Anyway, never mind.

The boot artefacts patch (for Sierra) is already installed in Clover config file. I guess you have to make sure you're properly rebuilt your cache (see FAQ section for details).

Regarding the on-board Bluetooth, this is a new issue, so you'll have to post a zipped IOReg (saved output from IORegistryExplorer will do) for us to check what's installed. If it's Dell's own DW380, my E6230 guide states what's required to get it working: patch the Broadcom transport kext to inject DW380's id; you may also add Rehabman's firmware patching kexts but not mandatory. BT will have limited functionalities though; don't expect AirDrop or Handoff to work.

• Like 1