Latitude 5480 keyboard and trackpad not working

Astorphobis

• Moderators

try F4 or Fn+F4.

I don't see VoodooPS2Controller or ApplePS2Controller in your files, did you install to /L/E or /S/L/E?

Without either, you won't have keyboard or trackpad functionality.

Did you determine what touchpad device it has?

Alps, Synaptics, Elantouch...etc.

Synaptics.

Tried both F4 and Fn+F4 but neither of them worked. I have function keys on by default = don't need to press Fn+F4 (But I tried tho).

I had tried to put VoodooPS2Controller or ApplePS2Controller to clover, /L/E or /S/L/E (only one at time) and it still didn't wok.

Thanks for help.

As you can see in the attached zip file, there's nothing in the ACPI/Origin folder.

I tried your boot pack from this topic: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9941-latitude-5480-cannot-boot-installer/but then I couldn't boot at all (I saw the classic verbose boot and suddenly it turned off.)

By the Fn on by default, I meant it that when I press for ex. F12 it doesn't go to sleep as it would if I was pressing the Fn + F12 but just does F12 as on standart PC keyboard. I tried both F4 and Fn + F4, I also tried USB keyboard. Neither of them worked.

And for the synaptics touchpad, I'll try tomorrow at work - it's my work laptop but the keyboard is much more important to get working.

PS: I have clean 10.12.6 install with no kexts installed in the OS, just the ones being injected with clover in the attached file. And except bluetooth, Wi-Fi, audio, keyboard and trackpad, it works really great, including full graphics acceleration (gaming is great) and both video outputs. (I don't mind the bluetooth, Wi-Fi and audio, but the keyboard is a necessity)

PPS: Dell's Thunderbolt 3 Docking station also doesn't work, it only charges the laptop.

• Moderators

That system, although the same model, has a Skylake CPU with HD 520, yours is Kabylake with HD 620.

If you boot with the USB installer, the files will be extracted to the USB EFI partition, if you boot from the SSD, then it'll be in the SSD EFI partition. FYI.

If the wireless/bluetooth combo card is Intel, it's not supported. Need to be replace with a known supported card like DW1560 or DW1830.

Audio should work, you just need to install the correct codec & patches.

• Moderators

Can you use an USB keyboard/mouse during boot, and select F4 from the USB keyboard? Then check to see if there's file in the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder after you boot up to MacOS. It probably just need a patch to get them working.