[HELP] 7710 Post Install Issue

tom032792

I have OSX up and running on my 7710. I have the intel GPU disabled and the AMD gpu (M7170m) running as the primary through the BIOS and have Lilu and whatevergreen installed. That is all working properly. The only things that aren't working are:

1) Audio

2) Wireless (I have an intel card, but have ordered a DW1560)

3) Battery indicator/status

I am pretty sure I can fix the battery issue, and the wifi should be doable once I get the new card, but for the life of my I cannot get the audio to work. It lists my chipset as ALC3235 in windows/linux (not reported as anything other than realtek by macOS). I've read in another thread on here that this is also known as the ALC293, but following the instructions and injecting the kext in the thread linked below didn't get me to working audio.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8289-trouble-installing-yosemite-on-dell-latitude-e5450/page-5&do=findComment&comment=52447

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm happy to post whatever logs can help.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should these (appleALC.kext and lilu.kext) be in /system/library/extentions or L/E? Lilu is currently in L/E

I have AppleALC and Lilu in /L/E and with or without AppleHDA in /S/L/E I don't get any audio. Just a greyed out speaker icon in the icon bar at the top with no options if I click it. I didn't edit anything in the config.plist other than using PlistEdit Pro to change the Audio > Devices > inject value to 11

Moving lilu and whatevergreen.kext out of /L/E breaks them. I moved everything to /E/C/k/Other, but when I went to reboot it hung on boot just like it did before I added them. I put them back in /L/E and was able to boot again successfully, however I still have no audio/no audio devices with lilu and applealc in the Other folder. 

I do also still have a VoodooHDA entry in System Preferences even though I have removed VoodooHDA from all directories. Not sure where that's coming from or potentially causing issues.

• Moderators

Look for VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler in /S/L/E, L/E, and /EFI/Clover/Kexts/....

If you still see VoodooHDA, could be your cache is not rebuild properly

Check DSDT if you have layout-id set to something else

Check DSDT if you have rename HDAS to HDEF or use Clover ACPI fixes to rename

For battery status, do you have ACPIBatteryManager.kext added?

For better debug, see  #1

I'm at work currently, but I'll check around again for those things and be sure they're nowhere to be found. i did find something called VoodooHDA Settings or something to that effect, and deleted that and I removed the entry from system preferences.

I had added the <Disable/> flag for HDAS to HDEF, but I have removed it. Should that be added or no (didn't work either way before).

That battery kext fixed the battery issue. if I can't find anything else relating to VoodooHDA that is causing the issue, I'll get a debug and post it. 

Ok, so I have checked and double checked and nowhere can I find anything related to VoodooHDA or to the AppleHDADisabler. I have attached my config.plist with the edits made for skylake, this is what is currently active on the system. I also ran the debugger that you linked earlier and have attached that as well.

Archive.zip