Dell Latitude E6510 - Boot up and system issues

rgrover91

Hopefully I have come to the right place for help... I have Lion 10.7.2 running on my Dell Latitude E6510 with a few issues that I have been working hard to resolve.

The first issue is that I can only boot up with the USB drive and using the following command line options:

-v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=YES

If I try to boot with out the USB Drive, the system gets hung up with a "PCI configuration begin" message. I originally installed the system with unifail as instructed by tonycrap86.com. The real problem comes when I try to install multifail or EasyBeast. The system will crash, so I installed Chameleon v2 r1777 and Chameleon Wizard. That seems to make my system stable, and I tried setting these options in Chameleon Wizard:

Boot Flags:

GUI

Default Partition hd(0,2)

Misc:

npci=0x2000

32-bit

Ethernet Built in

System Type 2-Laptop

Graphics:

Graphics Enabler

Here is a copy of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>0</string>

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

</dict>

</plist>

No matter what I do or check nothing seems to work.

My other issues are:

My internal keyboard and track pad work but the system keeps saying that they are not connected, so I have to have a mouse and keyboard connected at all times.

I installed drivers for my printer and scanner, and the system sees the hardware but yet it will not use them. Example, if I try to add a printer it ill not see the unit.

Finally, I still need to get the wireless network card to work.

I have been fighting the good fight for a couple of weeks, and I love Lion so far. I just need to get these items fixed so I can finally declare that I am done. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

ok.. alot of things going there... "PCI configuration begin" message usually means your dsdt needs patching for chipset controller... what ever yours is. that's why you need the npci=0x2000 in chame... you can try using ioatafamily from 10.6.7 in s/l/e backup your existing first. the chameleon problem sounds like you might have installed chameleon to efi at one point. and if you did then that's where you have to edit the boot.plists for them to stick.

if it keeps looking for bluetooth keyboard and mouse then go into bluetooth prefpane then advanced and uncheck search at startup mouse, keyboard.... first 2 boxes. make sure there unselected.

for the printer i guess check what port it's printing too i don't know why it would do that.