E5470: Install macOS Sierra or High Sierra

xNick99

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I successfully installed OS X High Sierra and everything seems to work properly except:

1) Wi-Fi + Bluetooth, but my Intel card is not supported so I've purchased on eBay a DW1830, I'm waiting for it

2) Caps Lock key seems bugged, I must press it twice and the led isn't working properly

3) If I enter in Stop mode closing the lid or opening the Apple menu and clicking Stop the laptop goes to sleep, but reopening the lid the screen remains blank

Any solutions for the last 2 problems?

2) Caps Lock key seems bugged, I must press it twice and the led isn't working properly

3) If I enter in Stop mode closing the lid or opening the Apple menu and clicking Stop the laptop goes to sleep, but reopening the lid the screen remains blank

For black screen after sleep see https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10236-how-to-fix-black-screen-in-high-sierra/&do=findComment&comment=75529

For CapsLock reliability, What kext are you using, VoodooPS2 or AppleSmartPS2?

Regards

This kext will be getting a major update from the developer anytime soon. Until then, bear with us.

P.S: You may use VoodooPS2 but you won't get "the advanced" features of ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.

I rarely use all caps. Shift+{Any Key} works fine when it comes to capitalizing for me.

Regards

I've tried VoodooPS2 and the keyboard works well, even the Caps Lock key works fine but the trackpad and trackstick doesn't work, only buttons work.

With ApplePS2Controller trackpad, trackstick works fine but the Caps Lock key isn't working properly

Any ideas?

Thanks Herve for your reply, i've tried your solution but it doesn't work, i solved this issue uninstalling ApplePS2Controller and installing the latest version of VoodooPS2 from here.

At reboot everything works but the trackpad was a bit slow, even setting the pointer speed to max from the mouse preferences, so i downloaded and installed SmoothMouse that resolved the problem.