Dell E6400/6500 research thread

Mariusz

My destination is also installing hackingtosh lion 10.7.x in my Dell E6500 (4GB, intel P9500 & wifi5300 & 82567LM & ICH9 chipset, nvidia quadro NVS160M, IDT audio)on my one hdd 120GB only (I also have other 2 hdd for Win7/XP/Debian6.04/FreeBSD9/PCBSD9) I really have no Mac air or Macbook.

I wonder to follow the top guideline to "http://www.osxlatitude.com/lion/" should be on a real mac device or I can do it in my Virtualbox in WinXP/PCBSD to make the USB pen for boot Dell to install hack MacOSX ?

I have done in Virtualbox for lion 10.7.0 success, how ever, it is real slow.

I found E6500 is easy to change the SATA hdd inside because it is a box fixed.

Or all of you can guide me how to place in sequence to change without bootpack-D830-nvidia easily.

I am a real new freshman.

So far thanks to Mariusz and this thread I have my E6500 mostly working. For hardwire lan I had to use the older 32 bit version but no wireless. I am going to start researching the GMA4500 graphics card to see what I can tweak to try and make it work. If not basic graphics seem to do ok. I also have an e6510 to play with after this, but thats a whole new thread!

Hello,

Would you be willing to give me a little help?

I have a E6500 nVidia.

I want to get the latest Lion (10.7.2 at this point)

Quite some time ago - before these easy walk-throughs existed, I got 10.6.6 running great.

Now, I leaped the hurdles and got 10.6.8 running.

But for the life of me I cannot get any Lion.

Please, what process did you use for installing Lion?

I have tried xfail, unifail, and myhack but no luck. only xfail started the install process then on reboot got a kp. the other will not even boot the install.

How do you install Lion?

Thank you very much for you time.

1. Choose whatever method for preparing USB Lion install media (I favor myHack)

2. Add content of a boot pack to the install media

3. boot and install

Here is my boot pack for your Lion install USB pen: bootpack-e6X00.zip (1.09MB)

Thank you very much! Your bootpack was the magic I needed to get my installer usb working.

I was able to install, then reboot from the usb and select the new lion drive for boot and it booted.

What do you use after you install?

I was trying to put your 0EDP in place and install Chameleon via multi-beast and got a kp right in the middle of the process.

thank you again for your time and effort.

Ok. So I don't know what was going on with the kp.

When the computer got the kp, I kp'ed and just re-installed. Then multi-beast lion edition and kp again in the same spot.

But this time I force powered off then rebooted just for the heck of it, and all seemed ok.

I moved some ketxts into place in S/L/E and multi-beasted them.

Everything appears to be working great so far.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Thanks to this wonderful thread I got Lion 7.2 almost working 100% on my E6400. Sleep also seems to work fine using your dsdt file. Any updates on the dsdt file recently

The only problem is that the VoodooHda 2.7.3 has a lot of clicks while listening to music on headphones.

Thx again!

Mefte