start your engines 10.7.4 is here :-)

sipart

• Administrators

Dear xpeace,

If you can boot into the installation disc, insert your usb stick with the appleacpiplatform.kext, run terminal and copy it into your os x system. You also need to run myfix from terminal (e.g. myfix -t "/Volumes/OS X Lion/"). Let me know if you need a detailed walkthrough.

Cheers!

Hi !

I and several others would definetly benefit from a Walkthrough here, I managed to rename the AppleACPIPlatform.kext by using the "mount -o remount, rw" command. (I still don`t know what it is doing) Then in the System/Libraries/Extensions using "cd .." and "ls" command I managed to rename the kext using "mv AppleACPIPlatform.kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext.bad". Which seemed to work, but I still had no success in copying from the Install Disc, or an external USB stick to hd the working File.

As there are several Cases that might involve such a Procedure , a small Walktrough with the required commands would be damn great.

Required here would be mount a USB from Console, the HD seems Read Only after booting from Install Disc, so it needs to be set rw before copying the File from USB to Disc. (I know the Theory, but Try&Error is really annoying without knowing the exact commands)

One of the mistakes I made before was thinking that .kext are Binary Files, ... they are directories, ...

I replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the SL one, ran myFix1.3 - still no success

Thanks

xpeace

• Administrators

Hi xpeace,

Can you try to boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -f -v and let me know where it get stuck.

If you are able to boot into your system, reinstall EDP, run full myfix and restart normally.

Cheers!

Errors in verbose mode:

last entries:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

[sleepEnabler] Disabled due to pmVersion=0

Kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler start failed (result 0x5).

Kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler failed to load (0xdc008017).

Failed to load kext sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler (error 0xdc008017).

Sound assertion in AppleMikeyI2C at line 173

Sound assertion in AppleMikeyI2C_CD3275 at line 127

Sound assertion in AppleMikeyI2C_CD3275 at line 167

Sound assertion in AppleMikeyI2C_CD3275 at line 82

10.7.4 with replaced kext did not start with above arguments

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, been partying a bit this weekend.

Ok, so what you need todo is to copy the kext to your usb pen, boot from it and open terminal.

In the terminal:

1. Mount your HD via the >>> mount -uw /

2. Remove the "old" AppleACPIPlatform.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

3. copy the 10.7.3 kext to sle

cp -R /AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

4. Set correct permissions on file

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Reboot with the following flags in chameleon

-v -f UseKernelCache=no

If you use EDP, then when you are inside OSX; do a new build

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dear Jawhn,

So far similar issue occured for D430, D520 and D630. We have not tested any D830 yet as we don't have any machine to test on wink.gif However, we suspect similar issue with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext will occur for D830. Why don't you help us to test and let us know. I would suggest you create another partition and os x installation to test on first before you update your main system.

Cheers!

My E6500 without EDP, same dead on [PCI Configuration begin] again.

Before I upgrade 10.7.4 is 10.7.3 and I use time machine to backup, and I made a 2nd partation to backup /E/E & /S/L/E & mach_kernel, then remove all Voodoo*.kext and my AppleIntelE1000.kext, final upgrade.

After reboot, same as above dead on [PCI Configuration begin].

I make sure it is xru-1699.26.8~1/Release_x86_64

and I follow above command to cp my old backuped 10.7.3 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext to /S/L/E then myfix -t /Volumes/lion/, it displayed myfix 1.3 success.

How ever, reboot from USB-pen then transfer to HDD lion 10.7.4 with -v -f UseKernelCache=no in CGI mode, same trouble, so I confused.