Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

1. install osx 10.6.0

2. Install EDP 1.5rc6

3. Install bootloader

4. Update

5. Reboot

Dont reboot before that..

No 10.6.0 is enough for checking. btw. i've also voodoops2-debug + powerpack and no pcmcia installed.

OK, it is safe to reboot and check with 10.6.0 but I should NOT reboot prior updating to 10.6.6?!

Oh, well... this is clear. :blink:

No, wait...! :angry:

:D

Just follow my steps.. dont reboot until you have installed EDP+bootloader+updates.. crystal clear :)

CRC: go back to your cage.. bad boy!.. you are confusing her *muhahaha*

OK.

Now Leon, last time I checked I was a "him" and not "her". But... whatever... ;)

WELL, I'LL BE DAMNED! IT WORKS! Oops! Sorry for my shouting. I am a bit excited. :D

So, I am running OS X 6.6 from on my D430, which I booted form the HD! As far as I can see, all things are smooth: I have battery meter, sound, keyboard, trackpad... The whole enchilada! I think even the power management and sleep work: I had to make a break, when I came back power button was blinking but my machine was off. After hitting the power button, I've got the password screen and after password was entered - the machine came back!

Well, who would know that the simple format of the HD could cause such trouble?! DAMN!

Many thanks to all who chipped in helping me to solve this: Leon, Bronxteck, CRC, ps2pk, Thund3rbolt, jakke! Thanks guys! Especially for your patience. :)

Well, I need to catch up with some real work. I'll post if everything still is smooth.