[GUIDE] Getting 10.7.4 and 10.7.5 to Work on Supported Models

JawhnL5

Hello,

So if you're reading this, you're probably having an issue on getting Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 to boot, usually with it hanging on something related to ACPI... This is due to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, so what we will be doing today is removing the offending kext and replacing it...

Assuming you cannot boot into Mac OS X, here is what you need to do:

METHOD #1:

1. Boot into another OS X machine, and put this kext on the USB stick you had used to install Lion, assuming the install files are still present: AppleACPIPlatform.kext

2. Boot using that OS X Install USB

3. Select your language and click on Utilities and then Terminal

4. If you are not one with terminal, that's okay. Now what we need to do is delete the offending kext first, to o that, type the following in terminal:

mount -uw / #Press enter

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

cp -R <path to good kext>/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

5. Now close out of terminal and reboot. On the Chameleon bootloader, boot using these flags: -v -f UseKernelCache=no

6. In OS X, if you use EDP3, do a new build, if you use EDP 2.x, do a new build and run myFix Full mode.

7. Enjoy!

METHOD #2

1. Boot into another OS X machine, and put this kext on the USB stick you had used to install Lion, assuming the install files are still present: AppleACPIPlatform.kext

2. Boot using that OS X Install USB

3. Select your language and click on Utilities and then Terminal

4. If you are not one with terminal, that's okay. Now what we need to do is delete the offending kext first, to o that, type the following in terminal:

mount -uw / #Press enter

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

cp -R <path to good kext>/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Extra/Extensions

5. Now exit out of terminal. Go to Utilities --> myHack and run a myFix full on the drive that OS X is on.

6. Now close out of terminal and reboot. On the Chameleon bootloader, boot using these flags: -v -f UseKernelCache=no

7. In OS X, if you use EDP3, do a new build, if you use EDP 2.x, do a new build and run myFix Full mode.

8. Enjoy!

Hope this worked out for everybody! If you have questions, then don't hesitate to ask!

~JawhnL5

Type "sudo su" and press enter. After that type your password and enter.

There is some miss communication here.

1. I have started with the "myHack OS X Install Disk" (USB that I have created from a guide here at OSXLATITUDE.

2. I have opened the Terminal under Utilities

3. I try to run the "rm" command on the kext file.

4. "sudo" command does not exist in this limited Terminal.

5. if sudo does not work "sudo su" will never work either.

Please advice.

Thanks,

J

• Administrators

Dear jeep,

Yes. Installer terminal is limited. If im not mistaken, you should already be a root in terminal. Do you have os x installed? You can try to enter safe mode with mach_kernel -v -f -x -s and access terminal.

Cheers!

Got it to work.

on step 4 i did the following on my system:

mount -uw /Volumes/OSX86 # My drive for the OSX installation

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions/ # kext from the USB to my OSX installation disk

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

check that I had the correct ownership of the /Volumes/OSX86/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

reboot