Lion on Dell Optiplex 755 with Radeon X1300 128 MB

Syonagar

thank you Syonagar. With only 2 gigs RAM 32 bit is OK. Only w. 4+ gigs 64 would matter.

ah, so no progress regarding states. How about speed-stepping?

I'm getting ready to install ML 10.8 very soon :)

• Administrators

Bugs,

I attached the dsdt.aml that i received from Peter for your testing. So far, i still have not been able to get all the system states with that dsdt.aml. Still the same as the stock dsdt.aml used in EDP (a.k.a. maldon-camilo's). So i'm guessing it may not be dsdt issue.

Speed step works fine voodoopstate.kext and pstatemenu.app in EDP. I've even confirmed the number of steps and frequencies with coolbook (only 2 steps is available since its a desktop).

Cheers!

dsdt - peter.aml.zip

thank you, Syonagar. However all essential and basic information is missing in the zip:

1. which base BIOS version - 21?

2. which extraction base - your OP 755? Or the already modded DSDT BIOS 17 from maldon-camilo's?

3. which changes were introduced?

4. where's the original, and where's the diff?

Are you able to supply AMAP of above :) ?

Cheers,

Bugs

• Administrators

Dear bugs,

My optiplex 755 is using the latest bios version 21.

I've used camillo-maldon dsdt.aml for EDP. You can trace the work that was done on that from the link is my first post. So far my attempt to extract my dsdt.aml and applying patch from olarila for optiplex 755 has caused waiting for root device issue which i have not been able to resolved.

The dsdt.aml from peter above is just another version that i tried hoping that my acpi system states issues may be resolved and i can use that to compare with maldon-camillo's. However, it did not made any difference. So i'm back to square one in getting sleep to work.

Cheers!

Hi Syonagar,

my DSDT file was for the A17 Bios. I installed 10.8 on my D630 yesterday and missed the features on my Opti. So I will try to install 10.8 on my Opti tomorrow. I won't test Lion on that machine any more. Will post my results then.

Cheers,

Peter

@ Syonagar: in ur 1st post the links are to insanelymac and attachment but not to EDP.

It's well possible that olarila OP 755 patch is one from Maldon. He supplied s.b. in the insanely thread with a DSDT.aml which also caused 'waiting for..' on mine, even w. both AHCI kexts installed ..

Sleep works natively on my OP 755 (in 64 bit - never even tried 32 bit 'cause I run it w. 6GB RAM) and WITHOUT NullCPUPowerManagement! I never understood why you have that kext in your package, since the OP 745/755 allow for Apple's vanilla CPUPM kext ... If you (for unknown reason) use NullCPU, you also HAVE to use a Sleepenabler.kext .. There are several but I never bothered to try since - why two extra unnecessary kexts??

Neither can sleep work when the grfx card is not recognized correctly! For ATI cards in OP 745/755 it is PARAMOUNT to set the correct PCIRootUID (NOT be mistaken w. the PCIRoot ...). You find out the correct UID in terminal via

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

it will be 4. Accordingly, add

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>4</string>

into /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

More:

1. you have iMac 9.1 as model. For sleep to work, the identifier of the chosen model's hardware has to be AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to our hack's hardware. Since our OPs do (in contrast to iMacs) NOT have a built in monitor, please rather choose MacMini as model. The latest w. Core CPUs was 4.1 ... [EDIT]: random KPs w. model identifier mm4,1 - no KPs w. iMac 9,1 .. so let's just keep iMac ..

2. the two PS2 kexts in your package (which are also completely unnecessary - they are meant for Laptops only ..) are known to - on some systems - prevent sleep.

3. For wake-up to work in OPs 745/755, the kernal flag darkware=0 is REQUIRED:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v darkwake=0</string>

So after removing the tree conflicting kexts, choosing MacMini via Cham. Wiz, and adding above three lines, reboot, and check if sleep works.

If it still does not work, check if the framebuffer is set correctly:

ioreg | grep ATY

it should NOT output

ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer

which means that the correct fb is NOT loaded, which can prevent sleep.

Furthermore: I bet u'll want to upgrade to ML soon. ML does NOT allow any 32 bit drivers (until s.b. hacks the 32 bit driver part back into the kernel once Apple has released the XNU sources). In general I recommend you say goodbye to that obsolete grfx card and get a current decent 64 bit ML compatible one.

One more thing re. your kext pack: The folder name 'Extensions' within 'Extra" is not really correct (misleading actually) and should rather be S/L/E or at least S-L-E, since a) you have ' use kernelcache' activated in the boot plist and B) VoodooHDA does not work from /E/E anyway ......

Also the natit kext is for your specific grfx card and does not belong into that package, either.

.. and all these power-surveillance kexts are optional, too, and should technically not be in the package, either .. ;)

Sorry for bashing you, brother - take it e-z, will ye

@ Peter xargon: thx for clarifying your DSDT's source BIOS! In general, pls always supply the basic info along in the zip:

1. which base BIOS version?

2. which changes were introduced?

3. also supply at least unmodded original, and best even diff, e.g. via Cham. Wizard (DSDT/ Patch/ Create Patch File)

I would very much appreciate if you supplied that info in retrospect :)

I installed ML y-day flawlessly via the myHack tool (FakeSMC v. 4.0, Cham. 2.1 rev. 2012). The LAN kext still works. I have the ATI Saphire 5450 1GB. ML broke QE/CI for most w. ATI 5xxx because Apple deleted all non-Apple DIDs out of all their kexts - LOL go figure why ..... I tried some tricks which worked for some others but have not yet been able to revive QE/CI on my specific ATI .. bummer.

Anyway, let's keep each other updated :)

• Administrators

Dear bugs,

Thanks for your deep insight above. I did hoped less but your post above was much more and better. As always, community effort is always the best for the kind of works we are doing. One could only start the ball rolling but needs a team to score :-)

I'll definitely test out what you mentioned and update EDP accordingly. Great stuff bugs. I think you're the best person to start a new topic on testing & running Mountain Lion on Optiplex 755. Do consider as we need to extend our machine support to ML now.

By the way, you can read my previous post on answers to you questions above. Do let me know if you need more info.

Also, the Extra pack that i compiled for Optiplex 755 is already in EDP. You'll need to download EDP3 or update it to try it. As you pointed out its now work in progress.

Cheers!

• Administrators

with my hacks infusion of myhack.kext you can put your S/L/E kexts in E/E, i know i helped create the method. so Syons method for E/E injection is correct for EDP or myHack. hope that makes your builds a bit easier to maintain. cheers

• Like 1