latitude d630: n00b and kernel panic, HELP D=

domini99

Your last line will not encourage people to help you. No-one here is at your disposal. On the 24th, that's 2 days ago, it seemed you had chosen to go your own way, so...I've already suggested the ModCD/ModUSB method to get you started. Did you try it?You said you already have:1) a DMG image of retail Snow Leopard2) an existing Hackintosh running TigerGreat. From that Hackintosh, run Disk Utility to restore your SL image to a USB key (must be at least 8Go).Once that is done, download ModUSB package (http://nawcom.com/osx86/ModUSB/) and install it on that USB key. That should give you a bootable SL installation USB key. It'll use the legacy kernel, but that will do to start with. Download the OSXL bootback for your specific D630 model and copy the contents to the /Extra folder of the USB key.Boot off the USB key and install Snow Leopard.At the end of installation, reboot off the USB key and select your newly created SL partition. This will get you to your newly installed Snow Leopard system, albeit an uncomplete one and no everything will work.However, you should then be able to download/run myHack and start afresh the entire EDP-based procedure and install SL on that D630, running Vanilla kernel.

yes, i tried. but they dont boot after installation. the usb boots correctly, it installs correctly, i followed diffrent guides, but everytime i end up with the screen that sais installation succes, and press that restart button, and than it just goes kernel panic. not even a second after boot.

when the boot starts, immidiatly kernel panic. it was the same panic as in the picture in the first post, so kexts were missing.

if i was able to get them in os x after installation, my hackintosh will boot. isnt it?

you know you can just buy a mac. they dont have these issues.

i am trying to get a hackintosh running coz i cant pay a mac. and windows sucks.

im sorry for doing angry. im autistic.

• Administrators

Re-run ModUSB package on that USB key with restored image of SL. Then copy DSDT.aml file of the bootpack to the /Extra folder of the USB key.

Re-install OS X and when the laptop reboots, make sure to reboot off the USB key (press F12 and select USB). When you see the bootloader scrolling bar, press [ENTER] and select your HDD partition. This will get you into SL and prompt you to finalize installation (user account, time zone, etc.).

Once you're there, follow the EDP procedure to be able to start afresh with a myHack installation USB key to get a Vanilla installation, not a legacy-kernel installation.

This works with retail SL 10.6.3, I started this way...

If that does not work for you, you're either doing something wrong or your SL image is duff...