Dell Latitude E6430 / E6230 ( Mountain Lion)

Jake Lo

• Moderators

Got my E6x30 with Intel HD 4000 working with sleep!

Credits:

Special thanks to myHack (conti)

EMlyDinEsH for the patched DSDT and AppleHDA

Zenith432 for GenericUSBXHCI - USB 3.0

qwerty12 for DisableIntelTurboBoost for Power Management

And everyone who contributed to get Intel HD 4000 QE/CI

Specs:

BIOS A11 | i5-3320M 2.6GH | 4GB DDR3 | Intel HD 4000, 1366x768 | Rebranded Dell DW1510 | Mountain Lion 10.8.5 | Mavericks GM

BIOS UPDATE

• E6430: Don't update BIOS above version A12, causes screen artifacts!
  • E6230: Don't update BIOS above version A11, causes screen artifacts!
  • Fixed by applying the FBMem patch that reduces memory from 16MB to 8MB

What's working:

Full QE/CI

Keyboard and mouse (no multitouch) - For multitouch, check this

Audio - thanks to EMlyDinEsH for the patch

HDMI

Sleep - thanks to EMlyDinEsH for the DSDT file

Wifi - replaced the Intel with dw1510 (rebranded)

LAN

Webcam

Let's get started...

I use the myhack method for this build, so follow instructions to build your USB installer, set BIOS settings and run the OSX Installation from here http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

1. After creating your USB installer, run myHack again
  2. Select Install Extra and point to the Extra folder attached (extract it first) E6430HD4000.zip
  3. Boot up system with USB installer disk with the -v switch (use USB 2.0 port on the left, USB 3.0 ports don't always work)
  4. Format the HDD per instruction from myHack
  5. Select "Use my Own" when prompt and point to the Extra folder in the root of the USB installer drive
  6. Delete the 3 files when prompt
  7. You'll get an Install Failed error towards the end, that's fine, restart the computer. Remove the USB installer drive
  8. Complete the customization ( if you get Invalid Partition Table during boot - just hit enter - more info below to remove the error)
  9. Install 10.8.5 Combopack

Congratulation! Enjoy your new hackintosh

Note:

• USB 3.0 ports work only with USB 3 devices, if you place any USB 2.0 devices there, the system will hang. Included in my Extra folder inside Extensions are the USB 2.0 rollback files if you want to set all USB ports to USB 2.0. Just copy the files out of the USB2 rollback to Extension and run myfix to update the changes and permission
  • Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB 3.0 capability Now included in boot pack
  • There's an issue with voodooSDHC kext, after sleep you'll get an Initialize device popup. Just click ignore. If you don't care about the SD card reader, just remove the kext and run myfix again
  • If you encounter "Invalid Partition Table" after the first reboot, just hit the Enter key to continue. To completely remove that error, launch myHack and select Install Chameleon

:excl: Important update: If you have higher resolution (1600x900), you'll need to include patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to the bootpack otherwise you'll get a blank screen after boot. Attached are 3 versions (10.8.2, 10.8.3, and 10.8.4). Add the version you use for your Installer. Rename it to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. Change Graphics Mode in boot.plist to 1600x900. After the combo update, you should update AppleIntelFramebufferCapri to that version too and run my fix to update permission and rebuild cache.

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.zip

- Replace SSDT in Extra if you have an i5-3340M

Edit: 9/30/2013

Upgraded to 10.8.5 - USB3 port no longer works:

Fix - Download latest version version of GenericUSBXHCI v1.2.7 here and add -gux_defer_usb2 to boot.plist

Updated AppleFramebufferCapri (modded) from 10.8.5 AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip

Updated AppleHDA -  fixes the following issue ( a big thanks to ktbos)

• Adjust the volume in the pref panel successfully but only the top 75% of the slider is audible - you get to effectively mute at about the 25% mark. 
  • The icon in the menubar does not update when you update in the pref panel
  • The slider from the menubar does not update when you change the pref panel
  • When you update the menubar slider, the pref pane slider updates on the second change
  • If you use the audio keyboard buttons (actually next to the keyboard but effectively still keyboard buttons), volume down always goes one notch down from max and volume up always puts it at max, regardless of what it was before

Edit: 10/01/2013

Recently tried using the DVD player to watch a movie which I never tried before now and encounter this error:

Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 9.05.29 AM.png

To fix it, replace DVDPlayback.framework.zip in System/Library/Frameworks. Don't forget to backup yours first.

FYI, also works on Mavericks

Update: 3/21/2014

Sleep/Wake on LID close/open now works, get DSDT here!

JL

• Like 1

Jake, Thank you for creating this tutorial, it worked great!  I am typing this from my Latitude E6430 now.  I have a slightly different version than you and so almost everything works.  The only thing not working for me right now is sleep, and possibly HDMI out (haven't tried it yet)  attached is a screen shot of my system.

Processor 2.89 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics nVidia NVS 5200M 1024 MB

http://i.imgur.com/PtJYUuf.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
Jake, Thank you for creating this tutorial, it worked great!  I am typing this from my Latitude E6430 now.  I have a slightly different version than you and so almost everything works.  The only thing not working for me right now is sleep, and possibly HDMI out (haven't tried it yet)  attached is a screen shot of my system.

Processor 2.89 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics nVidia NVS 5200M 1024 MB

http://i.imgur.com/PtJYUuf.jpg

HDMI does work, I had tested it. Sleep won't be possible with my dsdt files as you have the NVidia nvs5200m video display. You could check out this thread here with similar specs. So far I haven't seen anyone able to get sleep working with optimus nvs5200m/HD 4000 display combo.

Edit: If someone knows how to disable nvs5200m and enable HD 4000 or switch display manually in OSX, sleep can be make to work.

Update: 9/17/2014

Finally, a guide with Optimus enable here. Sleep is working!